Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018

Virtual Quilting Weekend - August 30-Sept 3, 2018

Good morning and welcome to an extended Virtual Quilting Weekend this month. Many of us in the US have a long holiday weekend so I figured I would go ahead and get us started. I have a lot planned for the weekend. Cleaning/organizing the work room, catch up a couple BOMs, finish a couple UFOs, prep work for Saturday's open sew. Whew! I'm tired already

What will you be working on over the next few days? Please join us and share what you're working on.

Next VQW is October 5-8.
    Heather

Great timing! I have lots of projects to work on this weekend. Starting with getting sleeves and labels on the things I have entered in our guild show Oct 5-7.
    Then there's the BOM that is half quilted still laying on my machine. And the collage quilt I started at a class last weekend at the AQS show in Grand Rapids is calling my name.
    Also clamoring for my attention is the Jamestown Landing umpteen million HSTs I have cut and ready to sew... be quiet, you are NOT a top priority! LOL
    Anyway, lots to work on, plus a family reunion on Saturday and a 75th birthday celebration for a family friend on Sunday, and 2 of the grands are spending the night Saturday. But Monday is all mine!!!!!
    QuiltingVagabond aka Kathy

Count me in - I got a lot of help with design decisions for my "Northwoods Improv" quilt during the last virtual weekend and it's now quilted and ready for binding. Just need to decide on binding fabric tonight and I'll be ready to cut and attach.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Yay! Long weekend...

I have 4 sandwiched quilts to quilt, baby diapers and changing pad to make, and I'm in the process of knitting a baby sweater. We found out we have two grandbabies that will be born in early 2019-- Feb, and April! They are our first grandchildren, so I'm going NUTS.

Looking forward to lots of progress pictures from you all!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am working on a Christmas wall hanging with snowmen in it. It is machine applique. I would love to show it bug want to wait until it is completed.
    Last edited by Boston1954; 08-30-2018 at 09:47 AM.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I have a 4 day weekend, hooray!
    I am working on cutting out tumblers from scraps on my GO.
    I have a lot of scraps and I'm sewing together ones that are too small to makes pieces big enough to cut another tumbler out of.

Watson

Name:  colourtumblers.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  767.8 KB

I’m only able to join in today. Tomorrow morning I leave for a motorcycle trip to see a friend I haven’t seen in a few years. I won’t get home until Monday afternoon. I’ve been quilting blocks today, still working on my version of Hanging Gardens. My after-school programs don’t start next week, though, so I should be able to do more on my quilt.

My project is to get this one basted and maybe start quilting. Picked out beads and some thread today then decided to do some more marking. This one is for my daughter , just a 19” wall quilt but will probably take me a month to finish.Name:  4C35A6D2-9642-4FD0-BDE5-9C597EB8F6B7.jpeg
Views: 932
Size:  1.00 MB

I'm in after I vacuum up a layer of dog hair. Why do I have a black dog and white carpet? No, it wouldn't matter. I'd still have to vacuum often even if they matched.

I started FMQ and ruler quilting a table runner for the church bazaar. I had planned all ruler quilting (my first), but the fabric said it wanted the flowers outlined, so .........
    Last edited by Irishrose2; 08-30-2018 at 12:07 PM.

Okay, count me in! I do have to clean off my sewing table first ............. need to make room so I can quilt my grandson's baby quilt. I just finished making the backing for it and now need to baste the layers together.
    We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves. Buddha

I"m in! I'm hoping the get the borders on my string quilt, piece the backing and maybe even get it sandwiched and quilted. Depends on how much time I have.
    Patrice S

Bernina Artista 180, Singer 301a, Featherweight Centennial, Rocketeer, Juki 2200 QVP Mini, White 1964 Featherweight

Blog Entries
    I'm in again! I have two quilts tops that need borders and then I'm going to start some 9-patches for the 9-patch swap. Also hope to make the next block for a BOM.
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

I'm in! Thanks for hosting again, Raggiemom!

First 2 things to do: Farm Wife Block #2 and finish the UFO top on my design wall.
    Connie

I'm in, need to finish Noah's kilt, another chemo quilt and a memory quilt.

I'm in. Finished the Honor Flight Quilt Top for a Veteran that I spoke about during the Independence Day VQW. Going to sandwich and get at least part of the quilting done this weekend. Binding will prob wait until next week since I lost my marbles and decided to put up 45 lbs of tomatoes to make sauce today.��

I have the last border to put on a warm wishes quilt and then get it sandwiched. Also finished a needle turn block I found in a drawer. It was from a class years ago and is ready
    to be sandwiched and quilted too

I'm in. I have a Pave the Way I'm working on and I need to finish the borders on a resting mat for the local kindergarten class we support. That needs to be quilted and finished next week. If time permits, I will try to finish putting my Stack and Whack blocks together.
    So much fabric, so little time.

Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs
    Blog Entries
    I am also in. Want to calculate cutting directions for my northern lights quilt, cut it and (if all goes well) get it pieced, quilted and bound. Also want to sandwich the Moonglow quilt and get it at least partially quilted. Then make my dish for the pot luck Monday.
    I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it difficult to plan the day.

Kris

Nesie: Homemade tomato sauce. Yum!

I have block 2 done for The Farmer’s Wife 1920’s sew along. 6.5” and machine pieced.Tomorrow I will sew the last 2 seams on the UFO on my design wall.

Name:  A1AEE208-2624-4968-83FA-EB03C2C912F1.jpeg
Views: 879
Size:  178.0 KB
    Connie

This is great timing, thanks! Yesterday I spent way too much time waiting on an on line phone service...yeah...no phone until maybe Friday morning, we will see. So I spent all the time waiting on my spot in the phone line up....tracing Welcome Home pieces by Shauna Case.... just cutting them out now.... so hopefull can find a blue background? to fuse them to later.

I got the quilting done on this lap quilt, and bound it. One done, three to quilt!

Name:  IMG_4187.JPG
Views: 861
Size:  220.8 KB

Name:  IMG_4188.JPG
Views: 861
Size:  213.3 KB
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I love VQW. I can't wait to start seeing pics of what everyone is getting accomplished.

As for myself, I had planned on making dresses for my niece this weekend, but since it is a VQW, I will work on a years old UFO instead. It is a Dresden Plate that just needs the border so I can sandwich it. The backing and batting are already pressed and waiting. My son's GF saw it when I was looking for something else, and loved it, so I want to give it to her for Christmas.

I'm working on my grandtwins' baby quilts. My hope is to have both finished before the shower (Sept 15th). So far so good. My granddaughter's is almost finished. My grandson's is about 1/4 made. I just love saying "my granddaughter" and "my grandson"-- music to my ears!!

The babies are due Dec 1, but I hope they come on my dad's b'day around Thanksgiving. It'd be so amazing for him as a great-grandfather to share his birthday with his great-grandchildren!

How awesome to have a virtual quilt along! I need to finish binding this heart shaped wall hanging I made (from following the Love Patchwork and Quilting magazine directions in German ... pretty proud of myself for getting this far).

The curves aren't too difficult, I just need to figure out the inverted corner/inside point/whatever you call it where the two curves meet at the top ;P

Name:  IMG_7067.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  1.69 MB

And I'm so close to finishing my second quilt top - I just have to sew the rows together (including one partial seam, which I've been avoiding).

I’m in! Missed this post yesterday, but spent all day quilting so... Today I want to finish quilting the background stuff on the quilt I've been working on. Then I can quilt the circles that will be floating across the top. Hopefully I can get those done by tomorrow so I can bind it on Sunday and get photos on Monday. Wish me luck, I’m working against a Sept. 5 deadline for entry to a show...

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast