Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--August 5-August 7, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-august-5-august-7-2016-a-t281052.html)

jmoore 08-07-2016 03:01 AM

Ontheriver, your sewing room looks great...(jealous).

Skhf, love the bright and wonderful fabrics in your baby quilt.

giquilt 08-07-2016 03:04 AM

am late to the game have had a busy week end. Not really sewing. Recovering dining room chairs. Bought fabric yesterday, and it's all cotton. Will Rotary cut, but staple, staple, staple. Can that count?

tkhooper 08-07-2016 03:41 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here are some more wobbly pictures.

This is a spanish bond brick layers pattern. It is a raggedy brick technique and needless to say this is the back because the front isn't cut yet and looks way wonky.

GailG 08-07-2016 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by cmcnab (Post 7619631)
Perfect timing; I am headed to an actual retreat with a group of friends in a few hours! I was lucky enough to attend a retreat with this group in February, and it rekindled my love for quilting. And as a newly retired teacher, it will help take my mind off of the fact that for the first time since 1982, I am not spending August preparing a classroom and getting ready to return school. I plan on using some of my stash to make a couple of fall table runners, but since we will be checking out the local quilt shop, who knows what else I might find to work on!
Here are the fabrics I'll be using:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555350[/ATTACH]

Carol

Carol, I know the feeling. I retired in '98 and I still miss the rush of the August preparations for a fresh classroom and new students. This may be the first year I have NOT bought any school supplies. Someone posted earlier how there are good buys for the quilters in the school supplies aisles. I have repurposed a lot of things from my classroom into my sewing room.

thimblebug6000 08-07-2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by zozee (Post 7620869)
You turned your room upsidedown getting it organized !

Zozee... that made me grin! If you right click on her picture and then click view image it will put it the right way up (at least it does for me on my old computer with xp)

sewbizgirl 08-07-2016 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by tkhooper (Post 7621069)
here are some more wobbly pictures.

This is a spanish bond brick layers pattern. It is a raggedy brick technique and needless to say this is the back because the front isn't cut yet and looks way wonky.

I like that pattern, tkhooper.

tkhooper 08-07-2016 09:18 AM

Well got a little more cut and now I'm off for a nap and then to finish the current 24 nine patches for the blooming nine patch. So much to do so little time. I'm so glad we have the virtual weekend together. It is keeping me motivated.

Thank you sewbizgirl. It is one of 16 patterns I want to complete with a raggedy brick technique. The first was the standard staggered rows. And the next is the herringbone. That is unless I decide it is time to do something simple.

MadQuilter 08-07-2016 10:15 AM

I can't play this weekend. Tomorrow I leave for a 2-week family visit in Germany so no quilting time for me. (Already feeling the withdrawal.) Love to see what everyone else is working on.

Taughtby Grandma 08-07-2016 11:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yay, I get to join. I finished this top before, but today I'm finishing the back so I can get it on the quilting frame. It finished out at 99X102

QuiltingVagabond 08-07-2016 12:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Good work everyone! I am sewing in fits and starts, yesterday it was 3 o'clock before I even walked into the sewing room but I did manage to finish my Stitch n Fold wreath.
The burgundy fabric is a vintage piece I found at a flea market. I used Peltex instead of the Bosal In R Form and it is very stiff, but I didn't have any problems stitching on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555508[/ATTACH]