Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--August 5-August 7, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-august-5-august-7-2016-a-t281052.html)

sewbizgirl 08-07-2016 12:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Wow Jeanie... that is stupendous! Love the rainbow 'wheels'!

I got my little RxR tote bag lined today, and finished up. It's got two inside zippered pockets and one nice deep pouch type pocket for glasses and cell phone. On the outside there are D rings and swivel clips to attach things like keys and name badges or passes (handy for quilt shows).
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555512[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555513[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555514[/ATTACH]

sewbizgirl 08-07-2016 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Also got the kaliedoscope hexagons all made and finished piecing this Christmas top. VQWs always bring out the overachiever in all of us!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555518[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555519[/ATTACH]

Raggiemom 08-07-2016 01:30 PM

Gorgeous, what is the pattern? It looks like Carpenter Stars.

Originally Posted by Taughtby Grandma (Post 7621527)
Yay, I get to join. I finished this top before, but today I'm finishing the back so I can get it on the quilting frame. It finished out at 99X102

Raggiemom 08-07-2016 01:31 PM

I have this pattern, but haven't tried it yet. One of these days...

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond (Post 7621545)
Good work everyone! I am sewing in fits and starts, yesterday it was 3 o'clock before I even walked into the sewing room but I did manage to finish my Stitch n Fold wreath.
The burgundy fabric is a vintage piece I found at a flea market. I used Peltex instead of the Bosal In R Form and it is very stiff, but I didn't have any problems stitching on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555508[/ATTACH]

Raggiemom 08-07-2016 01:34 PM

I love the license plate bag and the Christmas quilt. Truly amazing projects on here. The Amazon Star is coming along beautifully too, from the pictures. I didn't do any actual quilting today but did stop at Joann's after grocery shopping and bought some Elmo fabric on ebay to make a Christmas quilt for my niece. Joann's doesn't carry Sesame Street fabric anymore apparently. I have several projects ready to work on tomorrow. Please feel free to continue posting your completed projects to the thread even after the weekend is over. See you next month :)

ube quilting 08-07-2016 01:57 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I just finished piecing a few small wall hangings. Piecing is my pastime while waiting for my machine to get repaired. I have an 1995 singer 9015 (school model) for that and I don't want to use it for quilting. It is not as adjustable as my Bernina170. Happy to be piecing!

I also dug out this top from 2001. It is a pattern from Indigo Junction which I altered to my liking. I made the compasses when I first started quilting way back then and did not allow a big enough seam to turn under so they are just a tad wonky. I also started to add the beards to the center santas with machine button hole stitching and didn't like it so I stopped and put the whole project away for 15 years.

I just hand appliqued the wonky compasses onto the top and will be doing the same for the remaining beards and hats. That is as far as I got with that project so far.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555533[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555534[/ATTACH]

The next thing I did was work on some of the 6" Dresden plate blocks. Planning the quilting so when I get my machine back I can jump right in. I made these to practice mono chromatic colors for the August mini quilt swap. None of these made the grade but will be finishing them for practice. I don't want to show the chosen quilt until after I send it to my partner.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555535[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555537[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555536[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555538[/ATTACH]

I have plenty of quilt samples to work on! Thanks for the great weekend of quilting.

Everyone is showing great stuff!
peace

tkhooper 08-07-2016 02:38 PM

Wow, wow, wow everyone. I don't know where to look first. I'm happy to have another 24 nine patches done for the blooming nine patch and 28 more 4 1/4 inch squares cut. Not much considering how much you all do but i'm still a novice with a bad back. And after another several hours cutting I'm half way through the 4 ft by 4 ft lap rug. Maybe by tuesday I'll be done with it.

thimblebug6000 08-07-2016 02:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
More great pictures, thanks for taking the time to share. I'm taking a break from my satin stitching, it's hard on the neck. Here is as far as I've gotten so far with my block from Forest Hollow by McKenna Ryan. [ATTACH=CONFIG]555540[/ATTACH]

tkhooper 08-07-2016 02:40 PM

thimblebug6000 how great is that? I love owls and your bunnies are cute too.

Sleepy Hollow 08-07-2016 04:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a quilt, but I worked on my second "cow bag" last night. The first one was my first sewing project (outside of making a windsock in Jr High). The second cow is going much better!

(photo of the first bag, completed. I'm ready to stuff the legs, udder, and head of the current one, then will just need to add the handles, head, and pop in a lining-- I'll do that in "found moments" while at work).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]555558[/ATTACH]

My quilt is all ready for the binding! I'll learn how to do that tomorrow :)