Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Dec 20-22, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-dec-20-22-2019-a-t308708.html)

IrishgalfromNJ 12-20-2019 06:42 AM

I may get a change to sew on Sunday. Tonight I'm baking and cleaning and tomorrow is a full day with daughter, walking the dog, shopping, watching a Christmas movie, and doing the drive at night to see local light displays. Have fun everyone.

Jordan 12-20-2019 07:29 AM

I hope to sew a little bit. Yesterday my DH golfed out of town so I went in the sewing room and cleaned and organized. I put away all of my fabrics in bins and put some items in bins that I want to work on after the holiday. I even found my glue gun that I has been missing for about 2 months! Who would have thought that it was in a box with my templates!!!
I got done with making neighbor gifts and delivered and now just want to get back to regular sewing. Hoping to cut out some 2 1/2" squares out of fabrics a friend gave me as she is moving and gave away tons of her stash--yeah for me!!

Jordan 12-20-2019 07:30 AM

I hope to sew a little bit. Yesterday my DH golfed out of town so I went in the sewing room and cleaned and organized. I put away all of my fabrics in bins and put some items in bins that I want to work on after the holiday. I even found my glue gun that I has been missing for about 2 months! Who would have thought that it was in a box with my templates!!! It is the "not me ghost" living here!!
I got done with making neighbor gifts and delivered and now just want to get back to regular sewing. Hoping to cut out some 2 1/2" squares out of fabrics a friend gave me as she is moving and gave away tons of her stash--yeah for me!!

thimblebug6000 12-20-2019 08:40 AM

I am going to try to make a Quilted Hug from that project, you can google it if you are interested, it is a pay-it-forward project. I have my strips cut and set them out last night, but then went back and watched the video again, and may rethink how I will sew them together today.

Tish05 12-20-2019 12:10 PM

Thank you Raggiemom for hosting. I'd like to join in with two Christmas panels I'm trying to get finished by Sunday night so they can be displayed for Christmas. Sorry to hear others aren't feeling well :( Hope everyone feels better soon.

Iceblossom 12-20-2019 12:20 PM

Taking a computer break between steps of the Bonnie Hunter mystery, usually I save my trimming to do at my small group but no group on Christmas Eve next week so I'm adding it to the steps today. The other mystery is where did I put the Cherry Goose quilt top? Can't be too far, I just had it out. Most likely in my work bag but I haven't looked there yet. It wasn't in the sewing, living or bed rooms though.

Hope everyone is doing well, it's hard to believe that the end of the year is almost upon us. Or at least it's hard for me to believe! It just seems to be racing to a close.

rryder 12-20-2019 03:15 PM

Thanks for hosting Raggiemom!

Irish Rose- sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Today I got one UFO bound, just need to hand stitch the corners closed. I've got another partly basted, but ran out of basting spray- so tomorrow will be a trip to Joann to pick up some more.

Rob

Battle Axe 12-20-2019 03:37 PM

Oh boy, VQW. Prayers and travel mercies for Macybaby moving in the winter. Speedy recovery for Irish Rose. I'll be working on two dream panels trying to use up my stash. I think it is going well.

No white Christmas for us in Northern Indiana. Supposed to be 43 degrees on Christmas. No ice fishing.

NZquilter 12-20-2019 03:46 PM

Thanks for hosting, Heather! Yes, I have a Christmas quilt I need to finish. I'm getting a bit panicky that I won't be able to make my deadline.

Irishrose2 12-20-2019 07:23 PM

Two pillowcases in the mail. My youngest daughter came by to take them. Our post office is a lovely historical building, but far from handicapped accessible. Several more finished, just need the final pressing with even more cut out. Standing to cut isn't easy, but I will space it out. I will be fine, but four weeks non weight bearing (one foot) is tough in Northern Michigan. I have some concerns that the new narrower fabrics aren't making a wide a pillowcase as the older width. I think they will be barely big enough.