Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-feb-16-19-2024-a-t322714.html)

WMUTeach 02-16-2024 03:48 AM

Originally Posted by copycat (Post 8637215)
Hi All!

. Someone asked about a baby quilt pattern idea that is quick and easy. Here is my go to free pattern:
Quilt Taffy: Speedy Baby 2~Free Pattern

Ps. The post asking about a baby pattern I just read has been deleted...oh well enjoy this pattern if you need it.

The post is still there, #4. Thanks for the link, Copycat. I remember seeing that patterns and likely printed the speedy baby quilt years ago. I think I have it in a binder stored away for "someday". I will go a searching because "someday" is here. Thanks for the reminder!

QuiltMom2 02-16-2024 04:40 AM

I'm working on a "Spring Spin" from McCall's April/May 2016. I usually don't do the same quilt twice but I want to use up a piece of fabric for the backing and I had enough of the colors in scraps to piece the 42 pinwheels for the front and I know this is easy to longarm. Now I remember why I didn't use the backing fabric the first time around: I'm having to piece the backing to make it wide enough. Ah, the joys of working with what you have!!!

Dedemac 02-16-2024 05:25 AM

Happy Birthday Lindaschipper!!

Aashley333 looking forward to this next pixel quilt the seahorse was awesome.

Just checking in before my shower and a quick nosh, then starting the sashing on the table topper flimsy.

Happy sewing all.

pamelor 02-16-2024 06:12 AM

Ill try to join! Over last month's VQW I made a baby quilt top and all that was left to do was quilt and bind. the next weekend, my dad got sick and i have been in the hospital then long term care facility since then. No quilting has happened and the baby shower is tomorrow. Sooooo...I bought some baby clothes for a shower gift, and the quilt will get done soon I hope, at least before the baby comes. My friend understands of course. Maybe I can quilt and bind on sunday. Looking forward to hearing about other people's projects.

sloscotty 02-16-2024 07:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Finished last month's VQW just yesterday (Salsa Table Set)! Will start cutting today or tomorrow for my first full-size quilt (Vintage Checkerboard by Kristina Brinkerhoff from "Best of Moda Bake Shop").

rryder 02-16-2024 12:30 PM

Hi all,
I'll be joining in, but will mainly be straightening up my quilting studio- it's a mess. I've currently got the pieces and parts for 8 different projects pulled out and I need to decide on a single one to finish and put the rest away where they won't distract me. LOL

Rob

Karamarie 02-16-2024 12:47 PM

I am working on a military quilt for my husband. He was in the Navy aboard the USS Intrepid and I found this fabric with a panel of Aircraft stuff. This Aircraft Carrier is on display in New York and we got to go see it and tour it. My husband was treated like royalty as a past sailor on that ship. If ever in New York, be sure to go see it.

happylab 02-16-2024 01:03 PM

Good afternoon everyone.

My goals this weekend: Bind a king size quilt; rearrange my sewing room some more, where I can find my scrappy white fabric container. I need to finish the twin size traffic jam top (ufo), so it can go on my quilting list; Find my boxed up (ufo) - double Irish stars project and start working on it. Unsure if I will make it king size or twin size. My thought 2-3 years ago to enlarge to king size; cut out 1-2 dragon 🐉 kits, so I can start sewing. Quilt 2-3 baby tops for my friend; finally decide what BOM to start next week. I started collecting last year and have 1-2 that I can sew up the top in a month. Future quilts for family members. I figured what doesn’t get completed this weekend will be February projects to complete.

Enjoy sewing/quilting everyone. Chat with you later.

tallchick 02-16-2024 01:45 PM

I will pop in and out, working on the Simply Woven pattern. Looking forward to seeing what everyone is working on!

cjsews 02-16-2024 04:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got this lap quilt done. It is from leftovers from 2 previous quilts. I think I need to get Mom’s taxes done before I decide on next project.