Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-feb-16-19-2024-a-t322714.html)

Raggiemom 02-15-2024 02:47 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Feb 16-19, 2024

Setting this up early tonight so I don't forget! I hope there are lots of people quilting with me this weekend. I have a few more quilts to finish and get them off the upstairs railing. The backing order arrived from Marshall Dry Goods today so I can finish the patriotic quilt. Saturday is a Zoom guild sew-in which I am hosting. So I plan to work on some hand work during that. I have an in-person retreat in a month and have several more projects to prep for that. I'm thinking some panel quilts.

What are YOU working on this weekend? Any questions, please feel free to ask :)

Next VQW is March 15-17, 2024.

Sync 02-15-2024 04:03 PM

I'll be joining you this weekend. I want to get another UFO to the flimsy stage and pack for my upcoming trip.

thimblebug6000 02-15-2024 04:20 PM

I will be at a guild sew day tomorrow and will work on more Meal on Wheels placemats.

WMUTeach 02-15-2024 04:27 PM

I will be joining in also. So many little projects that are 80% finished. It is time to just get them done!!

Butterfly quilt - sew the binding to the back
Checkerboard Chain quilt - make more blocks
Pick out and cut the fabric for one baby quilt - make it quick and easy! Any ideas from the crowd are welcome.
Make two finished Cleopatra's Fan blocks! This one is NOT 80% finished. it is about 5% finished. Difficult block.

See you all on Saturday when I can report some progress.

cjsews 02-15-2024 05:15 PM

I am quilting a lap size quilt. Get it bound and washed is the goal for tomorrow. Then on to use some scraps. Not sure what I will do with them but, I have way too many scraps

Dedemac 02-15-2024 07:41 PM

I'm in also, I'll be doing some hand stitching and machine piecing. Here are what I want to concentrate on.

Hand sew binding down on my shades of gray quilt
Work on squaring pieces for the GFG
1 table topper finish the flimsy stage
1 table topper work on hand quilting
Do a few of the 365 challenge from 2016 :hunf:
And a few rows on a pair of socks that have been in the works for a few years.

Too many UFO's and PHD's!

paddingtonbear 02-16-2024 02:20 AM

I’ll be joining you!
l’d like to make a label for and finish the back stitching to the binding for my fire quilt.
Then I have to finish the stray threads on the front of the quilt and wash it.

copycat 02-16-2024 02:41 AM

Hi All!

I will be busy this weekend with my new Gd, 2 weeks old this week. Also having my other 2 grandchildren overnight while the parents have a belated Valentine's dinner. I will be lurking however to see all the progress you busy bees are making. I will be with you in spirit. Someone asked about a baby quilt pattern idea that is quick and easy. Here is my go to free pattern:
Quilt Taffy: Speedy Baby 2~Free Pattern

Ps. The post asking about a baby pattern I just read has been deleted...oh well enjoy this pattern if you need it.

aashley333 02-16-2024 02:49 AM

I'll be sewing strips of 1.25" squares for my latest pixel quilt, a nautilus sea shell. Each block has 100! I think I have completed 12 blocks. I purchased some small plastic bowls to organize colors, and they are working out wonderfully.

lindaschipper 02-16-2024 03:48 AM

I'll be finishing up my blocks for the Potato Chip Quilt that I'm working on and will hopefully get the blocks all sewn into making the quilt top. Maybe then I can shop for a backing. After that I'lll work on Spikes and Peaks as I alrady have half of the required blocks accoplished....or maybe it will be a 16 patch from scraps. My options are really kind of open for the next quilt. Oh....and today is my 72nd birthdayso I'll take a few hours off to celebrate with lunch out my husband.