Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 22-25, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-may-22-25-2020-a-t311081.html)

Raggiemom 05-22-2020 04:00 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--May 22-25, 2020

Welcome to a special edition of Virtual Quilting Weekend! I hope many of you are able to quilt this weekend although quite a few will probably be outside in gardens and yards. I didn't get my potholders done at the last VQW, they're still just sitting on the ironing board looking at me. My goal this weekend is to finish them. I'm setting that as my only goal so hopefully I achieve it. What will you work on this weekend?

Next VQW is June 26-28.

Karamarie 05-22-2020 04:16 AM

I'm going to be working on a pattern called Simply Delights. I am using all stash fabric so my pile is going down slowly. This is the 3rd quilt from stash during this pandemic that I have or am making.

Iceblossom 05-22-2020 04:21 AM

Oh what fun! I just got my Bernina back from the shop. They had been closed due to Covid but reopened the 5th and then had quite the backlog of issues to get through before they got to mine.

So I believe I was actually working on this last virtual weekend but I keep getting distracted by masks, I'm calling it "Bunny Star" a (most likely) donation project of Lemoyne Stars and Snowball blocks from a large Easter print. The blocks are made, I have to figure out some sort of treatment for the setting triangles (think I've got it) and put it together.

Hubby doesn't know for sure yet, but he thinks they are closing the plant for all three days. That interferes with my sewing some, I like spending time with him, and he sleeps in my layout space... he's very tolerant about the amount of fabric I have but starts to object when I am draping it over him.

WMUTeach 05-22-2020 05:14 AM

I have dug out my Farmer's Wife blocks last week-end that I started in 2014. I will put a goal of 10 new blocks for the week-end. Our guild did this as a quilt-a-long but I fell off the wagon at about 45 blocks and am now up to almost 60. A focused week-end may make 70 a possibility!

Doggramma 05-22-2020 05:33 AM

I’m finishing up my red and white blocks from the Moda Modern Building Blocks pattern. I’ve made 4 quilt tops since we started this quarantine. So I should probably start sandwiching some up and quilt them.

Rff1010 05-22-2020 06:20 AM

I have 2 quilts basted and ready to quilt. Both are smallish so I may get out my smaller "Brother Brownstone" machine and set up a table outside to quilt in the sunshine.
(basting in sunshine done previously)
I'm also doing some practice flying geese.

QuiltingVagabond 05-22-2020 06:21 AM

Good morning, I have 295 more 9 patches to make for Omigosh (700 done already) so that could happen. Also started sandwiching a donor quilt top for our local women's shelter and would like to get it quilted. It's pretty wonky so a quick allover pattern will be needed. I have a leftover piece of wide backing to use, but it requires some creative piecing to fit LOL

juliasb 05-22-2020 06:43 AM

I started early this morning on a scrappy quilt using my Drunkard's Path Accuquilt die. I will arrange the pieces to make 3/4 circles an the 4th piece will lay outward. I want to get as much done as possible. I have pinned 32 pieces together and am now sewing them. That will give me the first 8 blocks. I am real excited about this quilt top. I am not sure about what size I am going to make this yet. DH would like a King size. He only just realized my arthritic hands can't manage a king size quilt any more. So I may be looking at my first long arm quilt. I am sure I won't complete all the pieces this weekend but I will get a good start on this one.

thimblebug6000 05-22-2020 07:34 AM

Yesterday I tried to FMQ on my machine that was recently repaired...it kept jamming about every 20 seconds.... I walked away and will have a look this morning, hopefully it is something I can fix.....
I have been making a pattern called Briar Rose and will need to pick out all those machine stitches from yesterday before getting into any sewing today. Look forward to seeing and hearing about everyone's projects.

cherrybsixty 05-22-2020 07:39 AM

WOW!!! Good morning, you ladies are up and at them early this God-given morning. My and off to a good start, so happy to see that so many of you had a game plan for this rainy holiday morning. Well it's raining in Northeast Kansas and they predict it for the whole weekend off and on. But, that's no reason to not sit at the FW and get a little of something done. I wish, looks like I just may get to make that Georgia move that I've been typing about. I did have some boxes packed before the shut-down and had to stop and dig out some fabric to make some mask. I think that I got away with making about 50 in total. But, now it's time to pack it away and get everything else packed up.

Enjoy your VQW everyone and piece enough for me, I'll be thinking of you all while placing things in boxes that I'm not going to remember when or what it is, later.

Stay safe

cherryb