Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-26-29-2020-a-t313247.html)

vadalia 11-26-2020 10:45 AM

Super excited for the Merry Mayhem Mystery Quilt fabric requirements being released this weekend (she said Thanksgiving weekend but I'm hoping she's maybe including tomorrow in that because I can't wait) I did last year's and it came out great. Of course, once my fabric is chosen I have the loooooong wait until New Year's Day for the rest lol

petthefabric 11-26-2020 10:48 AM

I'm in. But will probably start tomorrow. Today is being Thankful. Since my sleep was disturbed at ~5:00, decided to call our daughter (she's always been with us at Thanksgiving but Florida is a bit of a commute). Yes, she moved from Ca to Fl this month and her time is 3 hrs before us, so 5=8:00am. She's busy getting her new house a home. Sherwin Williams has a sale of 30 % until the end of Nov, so that's #1 priority, now. Then got DH up to talk with her. After finding out more info, ordered Amaryllis to be shipped to her for Christmas.
Started cooking for TG'ing. Made cranberry sause + no sugar cranberry sauce yesterday. Today, made stuffing/dressing. We going to a couple from our super small church. We just started going so we'll get acquainted better. She wanted us to come early and cook with her. So mashed potatoes, rolls and green beans will be made there. When it's just 5 people, it's not all that hard.
Tonight, I'll probably crash early. So tomorrow will be quilting.
Off to shower and wash hair.

petthefabric 11-26-2020 10:54 AM

I'm in. But will probably start tomorrow. Today is being Thankful. Since my sleep was disturbed at ~5:00, decided to call our daughter (she's always been with us at Thanksgiving but Florida is a bit of a commute). Yes, she moved from Ca to Fl this month and her time is 3 hrs before us, so 5=8:00am. She's busy getting her new house a home. Sherwin Williams has a sale of 30 % until the end of Nov, so that's #1 priority, now. Then got DH up to talk with her. After finding out more info, ordered Amaryllis to be shipped to her for Christmas.
Started cooking for TG'ing. Made cranberry sause + no sugar cranberry sauce yesterday. Today, made stuffing/dressing. We going to a couple from our super small church. We just started going so we'll get acquainted better. She wanted us to come early and cook with her. So mashed potatoes, rolls and green beans will be made there. When it's just 5 people, it's not all that hard.
Tonight, I'll probably crash early.

Sync 11-26-2020 11:54 AM

Okay, I’m in https://cdn.quiltingboard.com/images/smilies/hunf.png I have a nice four day weekend and there are a few projects I would like to finish.

retiredteacher09 11-26-2020 01:13 PM

juliasb: Sending prayers of protection your way.

My son, DIL, and 9 month old grandson FaceTimed me. My oldest son also was around to interact with Jack. He was in his high chair and was super smiley and giggly. I look forward to cuddling him soon.

Great projects already being shown. I got sidetracked a few times already today but my side borders are on my UFO top. Time to head downstairs and put the side borders on it. I have blocks ready to put up on the design wall for another quilt top that I’m designing as I go. ❤️

Quiltah Mama 11-26-2020 02:00 PM

Oh how awesome! I am so in this weekend. I have been commissioned to make a quilt. I cut it out last night, and have started sewing it this AM. I am working on Harmony by GE Designs. I am also following her quilt along on YouTube for the pattern. I have never done a quilt along, and am rather enjoying it. I will post pictures later in the weekend of my progress.
i look forward to checking in and seeing everyone's work. Happy quilting everyone.😍

Cheshirepat 11-26-2020 02:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great to see so many folks together sewing this weekend!

Thanks, petthefabric (whose name always gives me a smile!)
Love the Christmas quilt, Kathy...it's one holiday I don't have an overstock of fabric for for some reason?

Having fun today, just the hubby and me and the cats hanging around, and we're doing a super simple dinner at 6. So I've gotten a few squares sewn together with interruptions for video calls with family, lunch, playing w/cats. Nice day. I've got a small crisis - I've run out of design wall, lol! I'm going to have to get creative and take it around the corner I think?? :D

Julienm1 11-26-2020 02:30 PM

It's taken me the best part of the day to figure out fabric for this log cabin scrappy quilt. Finally got my act together, pulled JUST lights and JUST darks and,cutting 2" strips. One container for L and one for D. Tomorrow I should be able to sew with reckless abandon. Just need to continue cutting and then put ALL THIS FABRIC BACK! I think I need to reread the organization thread again...lol

quiltingshorttimer 11-26-2020 05:07 PM

does thinking about going to a LQS tomorrow to get enough fabric to finish a table runner , backing and fusible counts as getting anything done then I was a success! LOL actually spent day cooking dinner and Zooming with family and reading for the first time my DH's newest detective novel, got no sewing done. Tomorrow!

retiredteacher09 11-26-2020 05:21 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quiltah Mama: I made Harmony. I just did the top and then gave it to my church group to finish. It sure is easy to make especially with her rulers.

Cheshirepat: It’s definitely getting bigger! I love it!

Julie: I feel your pain! I’ve been digging through boxes to find fabrics for sashing, borders, and Flying Geese. Once I finish the FG blocks, then I can put that fabric away. Hopefully, that will happen tomorrow. The rest is put in the appropriate spot.

Well, I finished my UFO top. It measures 70.5” by 81”. It was cut with an AccuQuilt die. Now on to the next project.