Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 26-29, 2020 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-26-29-2020-a-t313247.html)

Raggiemom 11-27-2020 06:32 AM

Wow you have all been super busy! I didn't even go in my sewing room yesterday. Cooked quite a large meal for the two of us, leftovers for a couple days! Then we did a little Christmas decorating and chatted with a couple family members. Today will be more decorating and hopefully a little time in the sewing room to work on my November ufo.

juliasb--praying you both stay healthy. And prayers for your minister and his wife for their safe recovery.

Will check back in later :)

Watson 11-27-2020 09:45 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I got my string quilt top blocks all put together.
Now, to think about a border.

Still have my circle quilt to work on and there is always quilting to do.

Watson

Just noticed a mistake! Glad I saw it now and not once I got borders on!

rryder 11-27-2020 11:51 AM

Finished ripping out the quilting on the borders for the big butterfly. Decided to see if a good steam pressing would close up the holes- got lucky and it did, so now just need to troubleshoot my tension issue and re-quilt the borders. Yay!!!

Rob

QuiltingVagabond 11-27-2020 01:05 PM

Clue 1 is ready to sew, I will probably have them sewn and trimmed before the weekend is over.

zennia 11-27-2020 01:36 PM

I found a pattern and started cutting 60-degree angles. I have a long way to go but having fun on the way.

juliasb 11-27-2020 02:05 PM

I am getting off to a slower start than I had hoped to . I got up this morning feeling exhausted. I a couple pieces cut out for some Christmas stockings. I hope to get a while lot more accomplished tomorrow. Going back to bed so I can get up bright and early tomorrow and get busy.

Cheshirepat 11-27-2020 04:00 PM

Beautiful quilt, Watson!
Got all my blocks laid out last night. I've had a 'bad brain' day, and screwed up the order of my blocks then couldn't figure out how I had them even *with* pictures, and then I trimmed a set down too small .. and had to frog more things to fix it all. I'm mad at myself and taking a breather, sigh.

petthefabric 11-27-2020 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Cheshirepat (Post 8437070)
Great to see so many folks together sewing this weekend!

Thanks, petthefabric (whose name always gives me a smile!)
Love the Christmas quilt, Kathy...it's one holiday I don't have an overstock of fabric for for some reason?

Having fun today, just the hubby and me and the cats hanging around, and we're doing a super simple dinner at 6. So I've gotten a few squares sewn together with interruptions for video calls with family, lunch, playing w/cats. Nice day. I've got a small crisis - I've run out of design wall, lol! I'm going to have to get creative and take it around the corner I think?? :D

I love what you pictured.
The name humors me too.

petthefabric 11-27-2020 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 8437281)
I got my string quilt top blocks all put together.
Now, to think about a border.

Still have my circle quilt to work on and there is always quilting to do.

Watson

Just noticed a mistake! Glad I saw it now and not once I got borders on!

Love what you're doing.

Quiltah Mama 11-27-2020 04:49 PM

Watson, your quilt is just gorgeous. Love it.