Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-9-nov-11-2019-a-t307883.html)

LynnBBQ 11-08-2019 08:43 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm working on the Pam Buda Circa 1880 Club quilt. It is a block-of-the-month type subscription for one year, that is the only way you can get the pattern and the templates. I started making the teeny tiny blocks in May and have most of the 500+ 2 1/2 inch blocks finished. Now I'm working on assembling them into units and then to strips and eventually into a quilt. There is a lot of potential for fussy-cutting so I have a few mixed in with the standard blocks. I want to make a couple of tiny embroidered blocks to mix in with the pieced ones. Plenty of steps to keep me busy this weekend! (The first picture is sideways - sorry!)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]619431[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]619432[/ATTACH]

Iceblossom 11-08-2019 08:45 AM

Lynne that is fantastic!

Watson 11-08-2019 09:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on sewing together 200-odd blocks of batiks for a queen quilt, which I have laid out on the ping-pong table. You can just see the extra rows laid out on the floor that wouldn't fit on the table.

I have collected batiks for so long, I figured it was time to do something with them!

I wanted an easy, straightforward quilt to do. This should keep me busy for awhile.

Watson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619433[/ATTACH]

Tish05 11-08-2019 10:23 AM

Count me in. I'm back to the cat quilt I started on the last VQW. I had to wait for fabric to come in, so I finished up a turtle quilt in the mean time.

LynnBBQ 11-08-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Iceblossom (Post 8324448)
Lynne that is fantastic!

Thank you! I know at least one other person on the forum is working on their version and she is way closer to being done. I have never worked with such small blocks before, and this project has really forced me to be super-careful about accurate seams and cutting. I will be a much better quilter by the time this is finished.

tallchick 11-08-2019 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Watson (Post 8324458)
I'm working on sewing together 200-odd blocks of batiks for a queen quilt, which I have laid out on the ping-pong table. You can just see the extra rows laid out on the floor that wouldn't fit on the table.

I have collected batiks for so long, I figured it was time to do something with them!

I wanted an easy, straightforward quilt to do. This should keep me busy for awhile.

Watson

[ATTACH=CONFIG]619433[/ATTACH]

Wow that’s going to be fantastic! Can’t wait to see it all done.

petthefabric 11-08-2019 02:08 PM

Battleaxe, ginger helps, too.

Raggiemom 11-08-2019 04:40 PM

Wow, there is some serious quilting going on today! I continued working on quilting and binding. I should have the pile done by the end of the weekend if I keep on track. Let's hope I stay focused!

Battleaxe, hope you feel better :)

Quiltah Mama 11-08-2019 05:34 PM

Count me in... I will be working on pillows. Will post pics later this weekend once I get some done. Got more invisible thread headed my way in the mail for closing up the pillows once stuffed.

LTeachergeorge 11-08-2019 06:59 PM

Got the baby quilt bound, therefore finished, and it is in the wash as I type. Tomorrow is supposed to be a beautiful day, so I will try to photograph it to post. Not complicated, but very sweet.

Linda in Missouri