Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-nov-9-nov-11-2019-a-t307883.html)

Raggiemom 11-07-2019 02:26 PM

Virtual Quilting Weekend--Nov 9-Nov 11, 2019

Welcome to our make-up VQW! :) I've actually been quilting much of the day and am getting ready to head out to our guild meeting. My goal this weekend is to finish the pile of quilt tops hanging over the upstairs railing and get ready for next weekend's quilt retreat. And I even have a list to make sure I don't forget something.

I hope you are able to join in. What are you working on this weekend?

We will have a VQW starting Thanksgiving Day, going through Sunday. The next regular VQW will be December 20-22.

Will check back in tomorrow to see what everyone is up to.

Kitsie 11-07-2019 03:04 PM

I'm in! working on complex, tiny piece blocks for a Sampler quilt. Takes me all day to make one block most days! Glad to be with you!

Macybaby 11-07-2019 03:14 PM

I dug out a long time UFO and started working on it again last weekend and will continue this weekend. It's a crazy quilt with lots of fancy machine stitches. I've been working on this so long that I've used over 6 machines on it so far. I'm trying hard to get all the blocks done so I can free up my stack of neutrals for the BH mystery.

I'm currently on my third set of 25 blocks, then will have one more set and I'll have all 100 of them done!

Iceblossom 11-07-2019 03:26 PM

Well today I've been dealing with problems and it will be nice to deal with quilting instead. One of the (many) problems is my fancy sewing computer needs to go to the shop, so I plugged in my cheap Brother and am ready to sew!

I have a project I'm working on that doesn't have a name yet, last week I was calling it "cherry goose". It's a lap/crib size that will be for donation and I will make it today's goal to have a picture of it tomorrow.

I'll also be doing some fabric dying. I was lucky enough to find a lovely bag of hand dyed fabrics at the thrift store in the last couple of weeks and the colors are actually quite good for the Bonnie Hunter Frolic mystery, except not enough pale/neutral. I decided to change it to yellow and I'll have to dye process a couple of yards of those this weekend. I have pure white in my stash and I went to Joann for Rit Dye and the Dollar Store for some other supplies and I am ready to dip and boil. Yesterday I did some bleach and tea dye processes on the solid green I'm using.

If that isn't enough, I have the hand sewing part of the binding for another donation top. I am soooo slow at handwork and one weekend isn't enough for me to get it done -- especially when there are more fun things to do.

quiltingshorttimer 11-07-2019 06:07 PM

Guild most of today and tomorrow morning the DH and I are checking out local exercise center (I teach water wellness about 9-10 hrs weekly but the pool closed for repairs and not sure when/if I'll be back in)!! Hope to finish piecing a DD's Christmas quilt; quilt a friend's table runner and hopefully make some inroads on her TV quilt (pp'ed retro tv's which we agree will have screens quilted with retro shows--Bonanza, I Love Lucy, etc). Lots still do to for my family for Christmas so will have to be productive!

rryder 11-07-2019 07:16 PM

I have a UFO to bind. Then I need to work on DGD’s 21st birthday quilt- it’s been on the UFO pile for several years as I started it at the same time as The one I did for her older sister’s 21st birthday. Somehow I thought that by starting it 3 years early I would not be having to rush at the last minute to get it done yet here we are, 3 weeks to her 21st and it’s still only partly pieced :rolleyes:

Rob

Battle Axe 11-07-2019 07:32 PM

I'm in. But first I need to get rid of this nausea. I over ate again. Will be doing Smith Mountain Morning this time in greenish gold and beige.

Mariposa 11-07-2019 07:46 PM

I'm in! I have a couple of ufo's that I am hoping to work on.

zozee 11-07-2019 08:09 PM

Count me im!

zozee 11-07-2019 08:11 PM

Battle Axe. Peppermint helps