Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- October 7-10, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-october-7-10-2016-a-t282818.html)

thimblebug6000 10-08-2016 02:38 PM

Thank you again everyone for your pictures, it's almost like being at a retreat again, and getting inspiration from everyone!

Raggiemom 10-08-2016 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Wow, a lot of work is getting done! I finished two projects today. I haven't done much quilting the last couple months, dealing with tennis elbow! So it felt good to get back in the room and actually finish something.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559919[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559920[/ATTACH]

Christine- 10-08-2016 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom (Post 7672079)
Wow, a lot of work is getting done! I finished two projects today. I haven't done much quilting the last couple months, dealing with tennis elbow! So it felt good to get back in the room and actually finish something.

Wow, love the pillows you made! And the wreath is just beautiful.

Cam's gram 10-08-2016 03:38 PM

Love all the projects I'm seeing - they're great! I'm in as much as I can for the rest of the weekend. Working on a Simply Woven Quilt. Will take a picture tomorrow.

quiltmouse 10-08-2016 04:54 PM

This is my first quilt-along. Sat 9:00 pm. I've been working on a kite quilt all day. It has 22 right edge pieces, 22 left, 120 kites, 15 units of 4, two units of 2, 7 units of 1. Unit=color way.

5 of 18 units done, some need pressing.

Podunk Princess 10-08-2016 05:49 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Great weekend for a quilt-along. I have to work a few hours each day but when I'm back home there is a little sewing being done on my current project. This block is called a 9-patch pineapple and there have been lots of pieces to sew, cut, rearrange, and then sew again. I've got the centers and corner units completed and trimmed. The "pineapple" units are triangles in a square that are cut into strips, turned upside down, mixed up, and then sewn back together. Only have about half of the 120 units done so far. Can't wait to see all the blocks up on the design wall for the first time. Hopefully that will be sometime next week.

retiredteacher09 10-08-2016 06:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the newcomers!

Thanks to everyone for sharing pictures and progress.

I finished a baby sized strip quilt top and dropped it off with other projects at a place where I volunteer. Then I continued on my way out of town for an overnight visit with a niece and her family to watch her sons play football. It was COLD but I had plenty of warm layers so that helped. :). Today, I went to my 'growing-up' church's bazaar. It is always great to see friends from an earlier time in my life.

Hopefully I will get in the sewing mood tomorrow afternoon.

Connie

Made from WOF strips donated from volunteer groups. It really didn't look that wrinkled when I finished ironing it. Lol!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559929[/ATTACH]

judy363905 10-08-2016 06:30 PM

Hi just checking in, wow everyone has made great progress... I am working on hotpads, have them (5) pieced and sandwiched. I will quilt them tomorrow and post photos..really like how they are coming along.

Judy in Phx, AZ

Dedemac 10-08-2016 06:39 PM

Wow great pictures today, room almost back in order. Slight change in my plans tonight, a friend called and needed help loading a truck for their move so DH and I help. Then a late dinner, so no sewing tonight. But ready to go tomorrow!

quiltingshorttimer 10-08-2016 08:53 PM

Well, planned to spend much more time actually sewing, but life in the form of Quilt Guild is pulling me away--thurs was meeting, yesterday went with my SIL to another guild's show (she's a non-quilter but I'm trying to convert her!) and then last night spent 5 1/2 hrs doing a rush job on a customer quilt, today was our guild garage sale and then spent all evening prepping the minutes so I can get the newsletter together! Glad that last weekend I got 5 pairs of flannel pants made for Christmas! Have 2 & 3yr g-boys coming next Tues for 4 days--so my sewing may have to wait until next weekend--boohoo.