Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- October 7-10, 2016 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-october-7-10-2016-a-t282818.html)

Cam's gram 10-09-2016 10:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
These are the blocks I have finished so far - not arranged yet. Threw them up on the design wall to see what I have. It's a Moda pattern, Simply Woven, for my DGD.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559953[/ATTACH]

lynnie 10-09-2016 10:39 AM

i love the confetti quilt and the lampshade.

judy363905 10-09-2016 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Completed the Thanksgiving hot pads...I found the idea at Sewcanshe blog on Hexi hotpads. This afternoon I plan to work on Misty Mountain clue #3

Judy in Phx, AZ

sewbizgirl 10-09-2016 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 7672646)
I started sewing on my DIL's quilt top from fabrics she had sent me for her a memory type quilt from the two colleges she has gone to. She graduates with her masters in December. Here are some pics of before and after
[ATTACH=CONFIG]559950[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]559951[/ATTACH]It literally took me 6 months and a few extras to finally decide on a design. As you can probably tell she is from Texas!

I love the way you arranged the shirt cuttings into the state of Texas... DIFFICULT! It looks so great. She will love that!

sewbizgirl 10-09-2016 12:12 PM

I love Simply Woven. Made one once as a wedding gift, but I left off the last strip on each block, so mine was an 'uneven weave'. I got a little burned out with all the slashing and inserting. Love your colors.

Love the hexi hot pads too!

Thanks for the pictures... it makes this thread so much fun.

sewbizgirl 10-09-2016 12:29 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I got all my 15" Windmill blocks done. This is them on my "design floor", lol. A bit confusing because the tile floor is the same color as some of the block backgrounds.

Second photo is an embroidered dish towel I finished up today, too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559959[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]559960[/ATTACH]

judy363905 10-09-2016 12:49 PM

Sewbizgirl. Nice layout. And oh I so love embroidered dish towels...I still have some my grandmother made me for by bridal shower over 54 years ago..:) Off to work on clue #3

Judy in Phx, AZ

geevee 10-09-2016 01:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7672631)
Please post some pics, folks! In Progress pics are great....

Okay, okay, just for you, sewbizgirl. :) The winter season batik purse with plaid quilting is cut out, pieces fused to fusible fleece, Elmer's Glued to the muslin and the quilting started (the sides/bottom piece), the others are just chalk-lined. Oh, strap is sewn but not top-stitched, the lining is finished, had to take it apart when I remembered I forgot to sew in the pocket but that's all fixed now. Hope to finish the quilting later today and construction tomorrow.

daisydawg 10-09-2016 02:16 PM

just finished binding on the Minion door panel. Looking forward to the next Quilting Weekend cuz I actually finished 2 projects.

Raggiemom 10-09-2016 02:41 PM

Judy in Phoenix, those potholders are adorable.

I didn't get much quilting done today but I did get my sewing room picked up and three projects ready to work on in the morning. Between church this morning and my husband wanting to go for a drive this afternoon, the day passed quite quickly! Now I'm catching up on a couple household things. I don't know why a little housework elf doesn't pop in and help out once in a while :)