Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-thanksgiving-weekend-t283984.html)

quiltingshorttimer 11-24-2016 05:55 PM

:( Not me--have kids and g-kids here until about 10am Sunday and with 2 of the g-kids 2 & 3 yrs it's like a circus! Thankfully, both of them asleep right now and "all quiet on the home front!".

cashs_mom 11-24-2016 07:21 PM

I'll be trying to finish the quilt that I am making for our receptionist at work. I'm hoping to get it far enough along to post some pics.

IrishgalfromNJ 11-24-2016 08:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm working on another scrappy string quilt. This will be my third and I still have a boat load of strings.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562722[/ATTACH]

Sync 11-24-2016 09:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be finishing the quilting on this mini quilt. There isn't that much quilting left to do, so hopefully I can also get the binding on this too.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562725[/ATTACH]

quiltingcandy 11-24-2016 11:36 PM

We always set up the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving, so I am very hopeful that I will have time on Saturday and Sunday for quilting. My DD asked me to make a couple of pillow cases for 2 of her kids at work and crochet 5 eternity scarves for friends. (I am happy to say - the scarves are done.) This is the time of year I make bookmarks for my other DD's students. Luckily, this year she only has 24 students. But I want to very much to finish a baby quilt and it is just sitting patiently waiting for me to get to it.

jmoore 11-25-2016 04:21 AM

Yeah, this is the time of year I can actually participate in VQW. I spent a few hours yesterday tidying up my sewing/guest room for my BIL and SIL arriving on Sunday...

I am going to study more on how to post photos from my Ipad as I have been unsuccessful since I got it and I have a few projects that I am working on that I would like to share. I am going to rent a LA on Monday so that I can quilt a two-year old UFO called Taylored Stars.. a Doug Leko pattern from Antler Design. He came to Maine a couple years ago to teach a class and I have finally finished the top.

Karamarie 11-25-2016 04:31 AM

The first clue of Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt comes out today so I will be printing out the first clue and starting that. Although today is also my day to put away Thanksgiving and start my Christmas decorating so a busy weekend. Have fun all.

quilterpurpledog 11-25-2016 05:02 AM

I am doing two wall hangings as Christmas gifts. They are pieced and use fusible applique. I hope to make great progress because I have lots of other Christmas projects (less labor intensive) yet to do.

beadywoman 11-25-2016 05:14 AM

Count me in! I want to work on my Tula Pink kit. Gotta do a little shifting around so that I can use the cutting table first, though.

lovelyl 11-25-2016 06:06 AM

I need to sandwich two quilt tops and decide how to quilt them. I also need to clean off my cutting table...