Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/virtual-quilting-weekend-thanksgiving-weekend-t283984.html)

Raggiemom 11-24-2016 05:05 AM

Virtual Quilting Weekend -- Thanksgiving Weekend

Welcome to the Thanksgiving Virtual Quilting Weekend. Hopefully many of you will be able to join me this weekend in some type of quilt related activity. If you are new to VQW, we post on this thread what we're working on, pictures are welcome. We encourage each other, and often inspire each other for future projects. I will be in and out over the weekend but hope to get some quilting in myself. I have been finishing up several projects since our last VQW and would like to get more done :)

And Happy Thanksgiving!

sewingitalltogether 11-24-2016 06:00 AM

I will sewing this weekend. Have a deadline on Tuesday. My Judy Neimeyer Cactus Rose is ready to assemble. Giving it to the quilter on Tuesday. Also getting back my Dresden Bloom. Yeah!! But hoping I don't have too many hitches.

tkhooper 11-24-2016 06:06 AM

I have errors in the Tropical Seascape quilt that need to be ripped out and re-fmq'ed. Say that three times fast, lol. So I am definitely in.

tucsonquilter 11-24-2016 06:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I will be sandwiching this and starting to quilt after eating tons of turkey. lol This is my first time using heat and bond lite. I sure hope it softens up when I wash the quilt. I am backing it with dark brown minky. This is also my first time doing the fusible applique.

Why do pictures turn sideways when they are correct on my laptop? geez

elly66 11-24-2016 06:30 AM

Looks wonderful even sideways:). I'm so hoping to get some time working on three quilts I would love to have done by Christmas. So I'll try real hard to sneak away for that though my sewing room is currently a guest room.

geevee 11-24-2016 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Love the coffee quilt! I have a simple baby blanket (Troll fabric front, flannel back with a large crosshatch to hold them together) to trim and bind this weekend, I finished the Arkansas crossroads quilt top that I was working on during the last VQW, I was planning just flannel for the back also but haven't proceeded further with it yet, I have some Hobbs heirloom but not sure if I want it to be that heavy. Have to think about it some more.

cjsews 11-24-2016 07:22 AM

I certainly hope to find time for sewing. The big family dinner, then Black Friday shopping tonight and probably tomorrow. Family are in town for the weekend but I should be able to work some sewing in there somewhere. Happy thanksgiving everyone ��

QuiltingVagabond 11-24-2016 07:59 AM

4 Attachment(s)
I will join - I am on a roll this week! I only had one grandkid and no chauffeur duties so I got a lot done already and we are having our T-day feast on Sunday so I have all day today and tomorrow to sew to my heart's content!
I finished binding my Bonnie Hunter mystery from last year
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562703[/ATTACH]
and this sweet pillow got quilted and sewn together
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562704[/ATTACH]
and a Christmas stocking for DGS was completed and ready to be sewn into a stocking
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562705[/ATTACH]
and I am halfway done with the quilting on this baby quilt for a new GD coming in January.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]562706[/ATTACH]
And I have the fabrics pulled for clue 1 of the new Bonnie Hunter mystery which starts tomorrow!

AnnieQuilts 11-24-2016 08:11 AM

So happy to find this thread. My usual plan for Thanksgiving weekend is sewing/quilting. I belong to a bee that has monthly sleep-at-home retreats, and it seems Thanksgiving weekend always falls into the regular schedule. Still not sure if I'll go this weekend because I have a commitment for a bunch of pillow covers. Nothing like a real commitment to make me procrastinate.

They are all sports themed using NFL and college team fabric. Very simple with no creativity whatsoever. Now I won't feel alone in my little marathon.

mollymunchkin 11-24-2016 08:12 AM

I'm in. I have one more strip to go on 15 blocks to be finished with the blocks for my nephew's shadow box quilt. My goal is to have the flimsy started, although I would prefer finished by the end of the weekend.