Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wal-Mart Fabric Department News (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wal-mart-fabric-department-news-t87456.html)

np3 01-03-2011 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by craftybear
I hope that they will return the fabric bolts for all of us to enjoy again

Ours continues to get worse!! Just pre-cuts and they admit that is all they will be getting.

quiltinggrandmaca 01-03-2011 06:25 PM

Yeah here in Manitoba they just have precuts and jelly rolls and the like. No fabric bolts or even batting anymore.

skyle1968 01-03-2011 06:25 PM

Ours was closed down too, but they are selling the pre-cut stuff now. I did talk to one of the ladies that has worked in that department for awhile and she said that walmart has a new CEO (I think that's what she said he was hehe) and he's not liking how the company has been being ran (like the old man used to run it) so they are changing alot of things and she said we are getting our bolts and stuff back. Like the first lady said though I'm not sure how true this is so don't shoot the messenger hehe

Sharon

Riversong 01-03-2011 06:27 PM

Our local manager told me NO WAY as there wasnt enough demand to warrant paying the cutters. It was always packed when I went in and lots of quilters and Amish in our area.I told him,bring it back,will cut out own.LOL!

moonwork42029 01-03-2011 06:33 PM

Some of our Walmarts (I have 6 within 30 minutes in any direction) still have bolts. Recently I had my 80yr dad with while I picked out some fabric and enjoyed watching him "ooh and ahh" over it almost as much I did getting the fabric.

Anyway... no one was available to cut it except a very very nice young man that was willing to do it if I was willing to let him (after waiting 10 minutes, I would have let almost anyone cut it). Ended up, I cut it and he ran the pricing gun so we could get it finished up. While I was there, 3 other people came up and wanted fabric cut too. Well....being the shy person that I'm known to be, I cut their fabric also. The poor kid was so grateful for the help and the others laughed when they found out I didn't work there.

I'm crossing my fingers our other local wallys get the fabric back since we're in a rural area.

sewwhat85 01-03-2011 06:40 PM

i will believe it when i see it i work at wally world and tell you for sure no one at the store level knows or has control if fabric stays or goes

Bostons 01-03-2011 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Virginia
Love your Boston. I have one also. She was spayed today, so I get time to be here without her taking fabric out of my sewing room. Keep on quilting.

Your Boston is adorable! How nice that you get to be with her. I hope she feels better soon. I'm sure she'll be back to her rambunctious self in no time!

samifel 01-03-2011 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029
Some of our Walmarts (I have 6 within 30 minutes in any direction) still have bolts. Recently I had my 80yr dad with while I picked out some fabric and enjoyed watching him "ooh and ahh" over it almost as much I did getting the fabric.

Anyway... no one was available to cut it except a very very nice young man that was willing to do it if I was willing to let him (after waiting 10 minutes, I would have let almost anyone cut it). Ended up, I cut it and he ran the pricing gun so we could get it finished up. While I was there, 3 other people came up and wanted fabric cut too. Well....being the shy person that I'm known to be, I cut their fabric also. The poor kid was so grateful for the help and the others laughed when they found out I didn't work there.

I'm crossing my fingers our other local wallys get the fabric back since we're in a rural area.

I love it. I once cooked my own breakfast in a restaurant, because the cook had called in sick and there was only one person there.

klarina 01-03-2011 07:06 PM

I loved to shop fabrics at Walmart. The one near my home has fabrics department, but I don't like much what they have now. It is like they are not buying new bolts, just selling what they have left. The fabric department looks smaller each time I go.

I'm glad to hear these news. I used to get very good deals there.

CarrieAnne 01-03-2011 07:16 PM

Both of ours are supposed to be leaving. We DO have lots of Amish, soI dont know why they are closing ours!