Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walking foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walking-foot-t97269.html)

bigsister63 02-07-2011 06:44 AM

As far as I am concerned there is NO Cons to using a walking foot!

stchenfool 02-07-2011 06:49 AM

Walking foots are a must for quilting - I have an extra one - contact me for more info :thumbup:

mhansen6 02-07-2011 06:56 AM

I have a Pfaff with a built in walking foot. It was the main reason that I bought my Pfaff. I love it. I wouldn't sew without it. I am sure you will love yours too.

dredick 02-07-2011 06:57 AM

YES YES YES
Get a walking foot. I would not be without one.
I have been quilting for over 30 years, and find it invaluable.

Run don't walk to the store.......

snow country 02-07-2011 07:34 AM

I have a wonderful small sewing shop 25 miles from me, and they loaned me a WF for my Viking to see if I like it. I thought that was awesome! I have'nt tried it yet, but from all the comments I've seen today I'm out to the machine to try it! Thank to you all.

jfowles 02-07-2011 07:36 AM

I debated for a long time whether to get one because they are so expensive for a Bernina sewing machine. I found a good deal though and went ahead and I love it. I didn't see a huge amount of difference in my stid but I'm sure the quilt sandwich goes through much smoother and I didn't have to rearrange my fabric as much. Go ahead and try one, hopefully you won't have to pay a fortune , I understand they aren't very expensive for most machines.

snow country 02-07-2011 07:38 AM

reply to walking foot
I have a small sewing shop 25 miles from me, and when I questioned the need for a WF for my Viking, he loaned me one to take home and try it out. I thought that was awesome! After reading all your comments, I'm on my way to try it out.Thanks to you all, once again!

snow country 02-07-2011 07:40 AM

reply to walking foot
I have a small sewing shop 25 miles from me, and when I questioned the need for a WF for my Viking, he loaned me one to take home and try it out. I thought that was awesome! After reading all your comments, I'm on my way to try it out.Thanks to you all, once again!

iwillquilt 02-07-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Momma_K
Oh Wow!Hate to hear that Jennifer! I don't have one and want to get one. I wouldn't know where to start to get one. I have the Brother Project Runway series only it's like that kind, not the Runway Series it'self, but it's just like it. Make sense? I've been wondering if I could get one for my machine and how much they cost. Anyone know? I just found out I'm going to be a great Aunt 3 times over! So, I'll be doing blankets for a while outside of making one for my Gr8t GD! I'm so blessed!

I ordered mine from the brother web site. Around $40. www.brother.com You put in what machine you have and it gives you a list of what is available.

TootieAnn 02-07-2011 07:54 AM

I LOVE my walking foot. It makes all the difference in the world for going over anything thick. Mine was worth every penny (about $100). I bought mine with Christmas money a few years ago. I usually try to spread out Christmas money so that I don't spend it all on just one thing. But that was what I really wanted and that was the only way I could afford it.