Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Walmarts that still have fabric???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/walmarts-still-have-fabric-t22957.html)

Fabricnut 04-01-2010 06:26 PM

The WM in Hiawathia Ks has fabric but it is just like the fabric in Atchison Ks, yet maybe some more choices. Hiawathia also has the Sunflower Quilt Shop with a very good selection of fabric about $9-10/yd range. It is my favorite shop so far in NE Kansas.

Alu_Rathbone 04-02-2010 01:13 AM

Northlake IL Walmart still has fabric.

ConnieF 04-02-2010 01:34 AM

Everyone needs to call 1-800-Walmart and let them know you want fabrics back. They are going to be making a lot more of the stores with smaller fabric departmants and soon they will all be gone,,,, we need to speak up.

Pass this to anyone you know if they want fabrics to continue in Wal Mart.

Connie F

SC 04-27-2010 06:19 AM

Another one gone! On my way home yesterday I stopped in Wally World to pick up something & out of habit, I glanced at the fabric dept. The wall that used to be full of fabric was EMPTY! I went to investigate & they are getting rid of all the fabric (except for pre-cuts). Fabric they had left was 50% off, but most of it was already gone. I did get a bolt of muslin. I probably would have gotten some more 1/2 price fabric if I'd known about it. I keep telling myself most of their stuff wasn't very good quality anyway!

marsye 04-27-2010 06:22 AM

Mena, DeQueen and Hot Springs, Arkansas...Broken Bow, OK .......but who knows for how long??

Fabricnut 04-27-2010 06:23 AM

Yep, same thing here. I went to get binding and all the fabric of that print was gone. Guess Joann's will have a profitable year.

marsye 04-27-2010 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by ConnieF
Everyone needs to call 1-800-Walmart and let them know you want fabrics back. They are going to be making a lot more of the stores with smaller fabric departmants and soon they will all be gone,,,, we need to speak up.

Pass this to anyone you know if they want fabrics to continue in Wal Mart.

Connie F

At one time each store has a petition to sign but that didn't do any good, they closed anyway.

Yellow Bird 04-27-2010 06:41 AM

The Walmart store in Clearlake, CA was upgraded and they still have fabric. A good selection of the more expensive fabrics as well as an awesome selection of $1 per yard fabric.

The Walmart store in Ukiah, CA still has fabric - not yet a remodeled store.

Bottom line is that corporate does not see fabric as important to the overall sales.

I have to drive 20 - 60 miles to go to a Walmart. I usually shop go to buy fabric and pick up other things. When they no longer have fabric there will be less need for me to shop at Walmart.

KeenKountryKreations 04-27-2010 07:01 AM

None of the Wally Worlds here have fabric anymore - they did away with them last year. The one nearest me carries an aisle of random sewing/ craft needs and some fat quarters.

bearisgray 07-22-2010 03:15 PM

The WalMart in West St Paul, Minnesota still has fabric.

I was just there this afternoon.

I did have to ring the bell to have someone cut the fabric for me, but only had to wait for a very few moments.

A very pleasant young woman cut the fabric.

There are a few Halloween and Christmas prints out already.

Didn't see any of the "short bolts" that some had mentioned.

There seemed to be several types of batting available.