Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wasted the day... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wasted-day-t220155.html)

GailG 04-27-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 6030257)
I had a very productive day. I caulked for 3-3-1/2 hours, got dressed, stripped the bed, washed mattress pad. Washed sheets, pillow cases and three loads of clothes. Swept half the floors, mopped the kitchen. Made homemade pizza, sew on some binding, put away clothes.
Tomorrow I will finish the other floors and laundry. I also hope to finish sewing the rest of the binding on my quilt so I can start another. Will be going to bed soon. I'm tired.

Where do you get the energy to do all of that?? God bless you. I know you're tired. Sweet dreams.

MacThayer 04-28-2013 12:17 AM

Don't consider it a wasted day. What you were doing was "Quilting Research". Who ever said quilting only encompasses actual sewing, cutting, etc? There are times when you must recharge your batteries, and I am willing to bet that a day spent going through old Quilting magazines has left you with tips, ideas and patterns you will use!

I don't consider anything "quilt related" to be wasted time. It's all a matter of perspective! ;-)!

ka9sdn 04-28-2013 04:47 AM

You sound pretty normal to me. Isn't it always that way when you put something away for later--never can fine it without tearing the whole place apart.

AliKat 04-28-2013 08:40 AM

Won't tell how many times that used to happen to me. Now I scan into my computer what I want to save. It is sooo much easier to look through a picture file - esp with a slide show - than searching where I put all the magazines and such.

An added plus, besides getting rid of the clutter - my quilting friends help me recycle those magazines.

Battle Axe 04-29-2013 02:53 AM

My work for the day is over and it's only 6:50 a.m. Bootsie and Mittens caught a mouse and kept it alive so they could play catch and release. The last time that happened it got away. This time I helped them disable it. It is dead now, but they are still playing with it. I don't want to discourage them from catching another one so I'm letting them play with it dead. They are having a great time. What ever else I do today, like go to work......will be gravy because I have done my work for today by killing the mouse.

Marcia yes that is Bootsie in my avatar.

jmoore 04-29-2013 03:17 AM

I was inspired to work and rake outdoors since the weather has been cooperative, but my projects were short lived when I accompanied my husband to the ER for 2 hours while he had chest x-rays for chest pain caused by a lingering cough from his previous diagnosis of pneumonia a couple weeks ago. The cough just won't go away. How I wish 'dI had a pile of magazines to go through while sitting in the waiting room. (argh)

cjaneky 04-29-2013 03:33 AM

I put my patterns and things i need to ''see'', when i need a pattern, in a gallon size zip lock bag, and it all goes in the same place...if not I would still be looking for them. It does make it easier to just go through one tote and know whatever it is , it has to be in there.

nhweaver 04-29-2013 03:36 AM

I just hate it when life intefers with quilting!!

Poakie 04-29-2013 03:37 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who do these things.

plainpat 04-29-2013 03:40 AM

If I plan to sew,can't look at sewing mags/books. Opening one mag means the day is shot :D