Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Wasted the day... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/wasted-day-t220155.html)

Cogito 04-29-2013 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by AliKat (Post 6031467)
Won't tell how many times that used to happen to me. Now I scan into my computer what I want to save. It is sooo much easier to look through a picture file - esp with a slide show - than searching where I put all the magazines and such.

An added plus, besides getting rid of the clutter - my quilting friends help me recycle those magazines.

AliKat, I love that idea! I am going to start doing that right away. Thanks for the tip!

MargeD 04-29-2013 10:25 AM

Been there - done that more times than I would like to remember. I have been searching for my copy of Quick Quilts Feb/March 2010 as I want to make the Love Bugs quilt for my DGD. I know that it is probably in a very, very safe place, a I cannot find it. However, I went online and got the bonus quilt directions, spent part of a day trying to figure out how to make it fit a twin-size bed, then part of another day tracing the butterflies, dragonflies and hearts - then lo and behold this morning I am going through another stack of magazines and although I didn't find the magazine, I did find not one, but two traced sets on Wonder-Under ready to be ironed onto fabric. Needless to say I'm going to have plenty of patterns already traced no matter what size I make the quilt. Some days are like that. At least I do have the fabric for the quilt all ironed and ready to go to start the quilt. Her birthday is May 18, so I'm not sure I'll finish in time, but I'll try. Just remember in the world of quilters we are all one big sisterhood who can relate to one another.

Cogito 04-29-2013 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle (Post 6030257)
I had a very productive day. I caulked for 3-3-1/2 hours, got dressed......

Um....so you caulk in your birthday suit? I hope it was all indoor caulking. :eek: Lol!

Auntie Em 04-29-2013 05:15 PM

Well, at least that part is done!!! Onward and upward!!!

Cyn 04-29-2013 05:23 PM

I didn't do a thing besides getting the animals fed along with my husband fed. I kept falling asleep, never got dressed and just felt depressed all day for no reason. It was a dark rainy day and everytime i got up to do something, I'd end up back on the couch. Fell asleep 3 times sitting up! I hate those days and hopefully tomorrow, I will have all kinds of energy to get stuff done. I think you actually got a lot done even tho it may not have been what you wanted to do.

Scakes 04-29-2013 06:24 PM

Glad you found it. Enjoy working on it now. :)

1screech 04-29-2013 07:48 PM

Welcome to my world...seems I spend half my time searching for things that I have put in a safe place orthati had in my hand 5 minutes ago!

My time 04-29-2013 09:06 PM

Oh man welcome to my world. I've spent a good hour looking for a locker hook I bought few weeks ago. I can't find the darn thing anywhere. It can be very frustrating being me!!

petthefabric 04-30-2013 10:57 PM

When I find something in a magazine that I might want later, either I rip it out or photo copy it and put into a binder. That way they're all in 1 place.