Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the best compliment you ever received. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-best-compliment-you-ever-received-t125012.html)

Annaquilts 05-26-2011 10:33 AM

My kids wanting a quilt made by mama or gushing to their friends about the quilts mama makes.

Lindsey 05-26-2011 11:05 AM

yeah I thought it was quilt compliments too. not that they aren't all nice.

judi wess 05-29-2011 03:33 AM

I designed a quilt for my late brother in law, used EQ6. I knew he would appreciate it but when he received it he called me and was almost beside himself with gratitude. He knows the value of art and purchased the work of local artists. Fred was somewhat of a "grumpy old man" so this call really made my year. As good as the call, a few weeks later I got a pkg from him, 1lb. dried cherries, 1lb chocolate covered dried cherries and a lb of his famous fudge. The cherries, by the way, came from Traverse City, Mi. Yummmm.

twinkie 05-29-2011 04:30 AM

The best compliment I ever received was from my oldest grandson. The grandkids always loved my soup. They would rather have the soup made after Christmas using the turkey carcass than they would have Christmas dinner. They used to ask me (after they were grown and moved away) to make a pot of soup and freeze some for them. When Chris was 12 years old and I was teaching him how to make Chicken Noodle Soup, he looked at me and said, "Granny, you could put Campbells out of business".

Sorry, I have another one that ranks right up there. When my DH and I re-met (we were high school sweethearts) after being apart for 45 years, he looked at me and said, "You are just as beautiful as you always were. I would have recognized you anywhere." Of course, there were several pounds added and the hair was almost white, but he was looking through different eyes than the world does.

plainpat 05-29-2011 04:44 AM

My husband of 56 yrs is always great with compliments....so that is a constant.
But the one that stands out came in the form of a letter from a DD going thru a rough time with her husband.She wrote us about her decision,saying how hard it was to make, because"all she'd ever wanted was a marriage like ours". It brought tears to my eyes & still does. That letter is in my box of important papers. Thank you MA.

gollytwo 05-29-2011 06:30 AM

Years ago when my son was dating a real wimp, he said "she's not like you ma, she's not a tough broad."

Taughtby Grandma 06-01-2011 05:58 PM

When I found out a friend of mine had saved all the dresses I had made for her girls as they grew up and when her oldest daughter said she couldn't wait until she had a daughter who would get her own "Aunt Jeanie" dresses.

jollyquilting 06-01-2011 07:17 PM

I remember when I had given my sister a quilt runner and she put it on her table and one of our friends said she felt like she could just sit down and have a visit.

auntiehenno 06-20-2011 02:24 PM

When people tell me, even a minister how beautiful my 39 yr old DD is - my only child and and this goes for my grandsons AND I don;t look my age. Must run in the family--my bro is 65 and looks 40, I will be 69 in July and an glad I do not look it--HA

Quilt Girl 06-20-2011 02:38 PM

When I re-sized a wedding dress. The Mom was a size 14 and her daughter (my best friend) was a size 4. I took the whole dress apart and resewed it so she could wear it on her wedding day. She just cried and cried when I gave it back to her. Of course, I was the maid of honor in that wedding too !!