Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the best compliment you ever received. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-best-compliment-you-ever-received-t125012.html)

rushdoggie 05-22-2011 05:39 PM

My DH once said to me: "you're my favorite." I asked him, "Favorite what?" and he replied "Favorite Everything." I'm a lucky woman.

quilt-fanatic 05-22-2011 05:43 PM

When my 17 yr old Grandaughter said "Grandma, when you die, can I have all your quilts?". I said maybe not all, but you can have some of them. To me, that was one of the sweetest compliments I could have.

DogHouseMom 05-22-2011 05:44 PM

When a major magazine asked me to write a feature article because they liked my style. I get quite a few compliments on my regular column as well.

Well ... it's a "major" magazine to me anyway. AKC Gazette.

fabric_fancy 05-22-2011 05:51 PM

a customer said "God speaks through your hands"

GwynR 05-22-2011 06:11 PM

When my teenagers pulled out their new quilts to show off and all their friends wanted one too!

cathylynn 05-22-2011 06:15 PM

when I dropped by unannounced at my Mom's house and she had the placemats I made for her on the table. they were only the 2nd project I ever made - the blocks were ok and the binding was bad, but there they were - out on display for all her friends to see. definitely the best compliment she could have given me.

Lostn51 05-22-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by debcavan
Mine was years go when a friend said "Deb, I know you make everything, but you couldn't have made that"

I get the same reaction from almost everyone I gift a quilt to when they find out that it was made on a treadle and on a machine that is over 100 years old. They are so amazed that they are holding a piece of living history and I have heard them say many times that they can almost feel the love in each stitch.

To me that is the best compliment I could ever get!

Billy

BellaBoo 05-22-2011 06:49 PM

When my first quilt show entry won Viewer's Choice. That was the biggest surprise and best compliment I've ever had for my quilting.

mimom 05-22-2011 07:04 PM

my DH's aunt, my mentor, wants me to quilt some tops for her, she can afford to send them to a long armer.

cathyvv 05-22-2011 07:07 PM

Best ever is tough - but my DH always wins the "Best Ever" prize. Best lately - two candidates:

1) Am home schooling my 11.5 year old grandson over the internet. (Not my idea.) One morning I didn't feel well, so I IM'd him to start without me (he will actually do it!), and I'd be on line with him around noon.

When I got up, I checked to see if he was online. He wasn't but he sent me the sweetest note! "Oma, I can't wait until you fell better!" I can't imagine many teachers get compliments like that - I expected more of a "Don't hurry on my account." type of response.

2) Grand-nephews and nieces were out for Easter Week. The night before we had to take them home, I asked them all what was thier favorite part of the week. The younger boy, who is in a bad family situation, immediately said, "Being with you!" And he meant it! You know he'll be asked back!