Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the best tip you ever got? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-best-tip-you-ever-got-t68352.html)

littleone 10-11-2010 06:50 AM

Check out your local fishing supply store. Same little bottles are used in the making fly fishing lures. They also have some great storage containers for threads. Dar

Bev 10-11-2010 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
I checked at Michael's and they did not have it. Hope someone can find us a source!

Yeah, that's the first place I checked too. They didn't even know what I was talking about.

8-)

Bev 10-11-2010 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by carol45

I ordered it from Amazon.com. Shipping charge is $4.99. Pretty ridiculous since the item is featherweight and only costs $3.77. However if it can't be found anyplace else, and you really want/need it ... ? This is the sort of thing I won't be doing once my DH retires in April!
:lol:

carol45 10-11-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Bev

I ordered it from Amazon.com. Shipping charge is $4.99. Pretty ridiculous since the item is featherweight and only costs $3.77. However if it can't be found anyplace else, and you really want/need it ... ? This is the sort of thing I won't be doing once my DH retires in April!

I know; I bought it the same way and it hurt to spend so much for something so little, but it was the only way I could find it, and it really works well. You'll enjoy it!

misseva 10-11-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by Bev

I know; I bought it the same way and it hurt to spend so much for something so little, but it was the only way I could find it, and it really works well. You'll enjoy it!

shipping charges are based on size of pkg - not just weight. besides - even if i could find tips at WM - it would take one gal of gas at $2.64 for travel so if you subtract that from the 4.99 you only $2.35 left and no sales tax. plus the convenience of shopping at my desk.

judylg 10-11-2010 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA

Originally Posted by judylg
Took a class, the woman who taught it let us keep cutting fabric into strips, she had to run out and meet someone for lunch,

You had a class in which the teacher LEFT the classroom for lunch??!! A paid class?? Was the lunch hour meant for everyone, did others leave as well? Still!!! I've taught for years all over the place, taken many, many classes all over the place, and NEVER can I remember a teacher leaving the majority of students behind to continue working while SHE left the area. I'm just amazed at the behavior!!
Yes she left with a friend who showed up. She left us to cut and make huge mistakes and yes it cost me probably 40.00. Now I am picky who I take a class from, we are all human, but this was a little bit of nonsense.

Jan in VA

JeanieG 10-11-2010 08:57 AM

The tip she had fit on the Elmers School Glue bottle. Do you think this tip will fit on the bottle, or will you have to put the glue in this bottle?

Sewslow 10-11-2010 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by JeanieG
I checked at Michael's and they did not have it. Hope someone can find us a source!

This is even better. "Purchase in Store Only" but I plan to head to our local one.

http://www.harborfreight.com/12-piec...kit-98600.html

carol45 10-11-2010 09:03 AM

I had to put it in the little bottle.

kclausing 10-11-2010 10:11 AM

measuring 1/4" and placing tape on my sewing machine as a guide. My blocks are matching up much better now.