Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What to do With 199 yards of Flannel (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-199-yards-flannel-t166698.html)

Colbaltjars62 11-06-2011 08:50 PM

Or you could offer some up for sale here on the board... I'm sure some of the ladies making quilts for Project Linus would buy some. Even receiving blankets for pre-mature babies or even regular newborns. Just a thought.=-D

Mariposa 11-06-2011 09:03 PM

You can use the flannel for quilt backings. Help use up that yardage! And it is great to snuggle under! :)

Tinabug 11-06-2011 09:05 PM

Dear Sue in Plymouth, CA I did not buy all 500 bolts, just 199 yards! Thank you all for the terrific suggestions. I believe I will make some into quilts for the children's oncology dept at San Digeo's Rady Children's Hospital. I also know several young moms at my church who could probably use some pajamas and shirts for the little ones. I need a new robe and I love flannel shirts. Also, I love the idea of lining quilts with flannel. Whew, I need get to work. Again, I love the ideas, I was just overwhelmed with the volumn of fabric I bought. I will probably have some left over and i will offer it up to the wonderful folks on this board. It's really pretty flannel. Thanks again.

Tinabug 11-06-2011 09:17 PM

This is a great idea for Christmas gifts for my dear friends. I will look for the magazine. If I cannot find it I might ask you for the article. I'll look tomorrow. Thanks again and have a super week!

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 4644273)
Flannel, hmmmm? Rag or chenille quilts of course as Irene mentioned. Receiving blankets, burp cloths, the back for lap quilts (flannel keeps them from slipping). One of the magazines I bought has a cute chenille scarf. They used cotton but flannel would be even better. The magazine was McCall's Quilting, November/December 2011. Article and instructions under "Chenille Chic"

Tinabug 11-06-2011 09:24 PM

I really like this idea because I just got all new windows and the kitchen windows are in need of valances, I have the perfect print for this little project! I would never have thought of this. I am going to try making myself a cute flannel shirt. Have not sewn for myself for many years. Thanks a bunch.

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 4644293)
I just made a winter curtain valance with flannel. Very pleased with how it came out. But what to do with other 198 yards?! That's a whole lot of nice shirts going on.

trif 11-06-2011 10:06 PM

I made a nice flannel and Jean rag bag, its one of my favorite, flannel is also a great quilt backing. Slippers. Book cover would be nice. Oh the possibilities with so much flannel.

sewbeadit 11-06-2011 11:37 PM

Quilts, pillow cases, batting.

montanajan 11-06-2011 11:38 PM

If you run out of ideas - just send some my way (LOL); I'm making things for a new grandbaby due in 2012.

BETTY62 11-06-2011 11:45 PM

You can make lots and lots of PJ bottoms and wear them everywhere you go like the teenagers do.

sewingmom3 11-07-2011 04:14 AM

I agree-lots and lots of quilt backing, rag quilts, , maybe you can make some for charity.