Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you do? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-do-t221540.html)

AliKat 05-15-2013 01:09 PM

This has happened to me and each time seemed to be different.
1 - donated for someone else to finish
2 - finished but donated
3 - the most surprising of all: finished it and changed my mind again and loved it when it was fully done.

Go figure.

francie yuhas 05-15-2013 07:40 PM

I have an agreement with my quilting buddy. When this issue occurs,I give the project to her. What happens to it after that, is not my concern anymore. It goes both ways.

Nammie to 7 05-15-2013 07:45 PM

I'm with you - rag quilts are not my favorite thing to do - made two of them one year - one for my husband and one for my son - bought a kit in Wyoming and liked the fabric but it was going to make a huge quilt and I really didn't want it on my bed. They both got couch throw quilts so we were all happy.

GrannieAnnie 05-15-2013 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by crashnquilt (Post 6065264)
If I have enough of it done, I just finish it off and make it a dog quilt.

Or a purse. or a cat mat (like a dog rug!) tee hee

GrannieAnnie 05-15-2013 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by meldmac (Post 6065726)
It's a rag quilt pattern and I have a lot of the blocks quilted but only two rows put together, think I may just use the leftover 6" squares for scrap fabric. This is the second rag quilt I've done and I really don't seem to enjoy doing them at all.

I've been reducing my stash doing personal sized rag quilts that are WOF strips. Fairly quick-----------if you don't count the time I use to pick fabrics out of my stash.

DOTTYMO 05-15-2013 10:11 PM

I would put on one side next time I may like it.

sandy l 05-16-2013 02:18 AM

Whew..so glad others have confessed to just throwing the darn thing out. I now will no longer feel guilty:D

maviskw 05-16-2013 04:00 AM

I have a set of 72 Dresden Plates that were given to me. The fabric in them is really quite ugly, but I can't throw anything out. I have worked on it off and on the last two years, and have most of the edges basted and center circles have fabric softener sheets sewn on and are turned. I was planning on doing a Quilt as you go method, stitching around the plates with a decorative stitch with black thread in the bobbin. That way the back may look better than the front. LOL I'm a lilttle excited to see how that turns out, and someone will be kept warm.

ghquilter53 05-16-2013 04:08 AM

Our guild has a country store to sell UFO's at our annual quilt show that I regularly add items to or I give to hospice group or charitable union.

Geri B 05-16-2013 04:30 AM

Originally Posted by meldmac (Post 6065726)
It's a rag quilt pattern and I have a lot of the blocks quilted but only two rows put together, think I may just use the leftover 6" squares for scrap fabric. This is the second rag quilt I've done and I really don't seem to enjoy doing them at all.

It sounds like you need to find a different type of quilt to bring back the enjoyment.