Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you listen to while you quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-listen-while-you-quilt-t205106.html)

mom-6 11-06-2012 08:10 PM

Just got a radio/boombox for my studio so I can listen to music.

BeckyB 11-06-2012 08:12 PM

I listen to the dogs whine because I am not paying attention to them :}

Gigi07 11-06-2012 08:23 PM

Audio books here also. Sometimes I listen (watch) netflix... depends on my mood

jojo47 11-13-2012 05:31 PM

I listen to either country music or oldies, if I'm in a radio mood, otherwise I have several favorite country artists on CDs...and 50s & 60s rock & roll. Sometimes it's TV, and I especially like the History channel and H2, the Science channel, and RFD if I can find out when Eleanor Burns is on!

Digitizingqueen 11-13-2012 05:53 PM

I have a variety of music on my iPhone, mostly alternative rock, I also watch Netflix on my iPad -watched china town Sunday.... I love having music or video in my sewing studio...

EllieGirl 11-13-2012 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by gramquilter2 (Post 5639035)
Am I the only one that listens to Aerosmith???

I listen to Pandora, I get some Aerosmith, but mostly Journey, Bon Jovi, Motown, mostly 80s & 90s.

thepolyparrot 11-13-2012 05:58 PM

I listen to audiobooks - just got the Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings trilogy so I'm starting with the Hobbit.

I listen to theology, history, biographies, documentaries. I get most of my audiobooks from audible.com and Ignatius Press.

I love old time radio shows, mostly the old comedies - Fibber McGee & Molly, Burns & Allen, The Great Gildersleeve, Lux Radio Theatre, Lum & Abner, (my favorite) You can subscribe to many sites which give you ftp access to hundreds of thousands of radio shows from the 30's & 40's. These shows are wonderful because there is scarcely a trace of innuendo. No trace of the vicious "put-down" humor that fill today's sitcoms. They're from a time when it was still acceptable to openly love God and your country. :)

I love Gregorian Chant and sometimes my quilts are as full of prayers as stitches. :)

fayzer 11-13-2012 06:11 PM

I listen to Steely Dan or Phantom of the Opera. Polar opposites!;)

Butterscotch Daisy 11-13-2012 06:33 PM

This question should bring out the diversity. When I am alone in the house, it's old time rock-n-roll, loudly! I pop my ipone into my speaker dock and listen to KGB out of San Diego on Iheart radio. It's either that or golden silence.

bigbrownowl 12-18-2012 01:45 AM

Audiobooks. Thank goodness for BBC Radio and Audible!

I love audio drama - particularly crime and mystery. I have just finished listening to the excellent John le Carre series aired last year by BBC Drama on Radio 4 - lots of cold war spying. I am in the middle of listening to Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus series, about a police inspector based in Edinburgh.

Next come some conventional audiobooks - the "Crowner John" series by Bernard Knight, with a bit of medieval sleuthing. In the new year, I have some Martin Beck Dramas to listen to, and three books in the "Rivers of London" series, by Ben Aaronovitch.

Of course if I am doing housework (which is NOT very often, if I can get away with it!), then it has to be Rolling Stones, Queen, Led Zep or Pink Floyd, with a bit of ELO thrown in. Sorry, GramQuilter2 - no aerosmith - not sure why, just prefer the others...