Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you make with your embroidery machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-make-your-embroidery-machine-t144978.html)

Marysewfun 08-15-2011 09:15 AM

Love those reindeer heads - darling!! Oh this thread has brought up such inspiration - love it - - thank you for bringing the subject up!!

I also bought a plug-in external drive for my lap top to keep the downloaded designs on - I am a design-junkie! (could be worse) :-)

Marysewfun

jmanghamom 08-15-2011 01:14 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I hope I can do this. This is pics of the quilt before it was quilted. I did all over stippling for the quilting.

overdew 08-15-2011 01:27 PM

So glad I got the sewing/embroidery Janome 9500. I have not used the emb. as much as I thought I would. I detest hooping and stabilizer, and have been doing more quilting than emb. Since I ruined a knit shirt embroidering on it, I seem to have lost interest somewhat. Thread changes don't thrill me either.

jmanghamom 08-15-2011 01:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here is a baby blanket I made for our local library to raffle for the children's library activities

misoop 08-15-2011 02:58 PM

I don't use mine as much now that I've gotten into quilting in such a big way. However, I do use it to make my quilt labels....that's nice to have that function...much prettier than pen writing or hand-embroidery. On my to-do list: A quilt with machine embroidery designs and/or machine appliques.

misoop 08-15-2011 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by overdew
So glad I got the sewing/embroidery Janome 9500. I have not used the emb. as much as I thought I would. I detest hooping and stabilizer, and have been doing more quilting than emb. Since I ruined a knit shirt embroidering on it, I seem to have lost interest somewhat. Thread changes don't thrill me either.

I hate hooping and stabilizing and thread changes, too!! Kinda discourages me to do more.

sewgray 08-15-2011 03:13 PM

6 Attachment(s)
I wanted to put this in the first post but I was away from my computer and didn't have access to my pictures, I've done a lot of different things with my machine and I think I may have posted them before but here they are again. Be forwarned this a whole new addiction.

Kappy 08-15-2011 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by sewgray
I wanted to put this in the first post but I was away from my computer and didn't have access to my pictures, I've done a lot of different things with my machine and I think I may have posted them before but here they are again. Be forwarned this a whole new addiction.

Love the Christmas pillow. What design did you use to get the 3-D affect?

debbieoh 08-15-2011 04:17 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I make all kinds of things. christmas ornaments, quilt blocks, bibs and my favorite is FSL angels. I have a cheapie machine but it does what I need it to do!!

yep even on TP LOL!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242441[/ATTACH]

even quilt labels
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242445[/ATTACH]

MistyMarie 08-15-2011 04:30 PM

12 Attachment(s)
I started using my embroidery machines for quilts. I have since started to digitize and am making a little money doing embroidery for others. Here are a few of the projects I have added embroidery to - all are in the hands of other board members... since these are their quilts.

I digitized this myself. I donated these for a banquet.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242453[/ATTACH]

Apron and kitchen towel
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242454[/ATTACH]