Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you make with your embroidery machine?

I've noticed that a lot of you own an embroidery machine or a sewing/embroidery combo. How often do you use embroidery and for what? Do you embellish quilts? Decorate clothing, household goods, totes and bags? DH keeps telling me I need an embroidery machine, but I'm really not sure it would get that much use. Pics of all your handiwork are greatly appreciated! :-)

I have one and sadly I do not make real use of it. Last year I made Christmas stockings for my work department with their names on them. I too would love to hear others responses.

Blog Entries
    Have not used the embroidery funtion on my machine for 2 years. It is nice if you have small children to sew for.

Blog Entries
    Lets see how many I can find - but here is three :wink: I use mine on and off. I am glad that I have it though :thumbup:

Christmas Block swap
    Name:  Attachment-241416.jpe
Views: 1135
Size:  31.3 KB

Son and DIL Ring bearer pic
    Name:  Attachment-241417.jpe
Views: 1126
Size:  42.1 KB

Post card swap
    Name:  Attachment-241418.jpe
Views: 1123
Size:  68.2 KB

Blog Entries
    I make blocks for quilts, made shower curtain for christmas (all 4 in blocks of chritmas things), Embroidery on tablerunners, I am going to make A memory game for little ones, just got the pattern yesterday from embroidery library, you can do lace things like snowfakes ect. embroidery on dish towels.pillow case edgings, emrodiery on purses and the list goes on and on. I love mine hate to think of the day it might have to go in the shop its Husqvarna SE great machine.

I love mine. I have the older model Janome mc 10001. I make place mats, table runners.covers for my mixer,toaster, ect. I need to learn to posts pictures.I have so many thing in my head to embroider I'll never get them done.Go to embroidery library they have a show case that people send in what they make with their designs

Quote Originally Posted by butter14562
    I love mine. I have the older model Janome mc 10001. I make place mats, table runners.covers for my mixer,toaster, ect. I need to learn to posts pictures.I have so many thing in my head to embroider I'll never get them done.Go to embroidery library they have a show case that people send in what they make with their designs
    Embroidery library? A website or on the forum?

I live mine, don't use it quite enough but my last item is this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.

Sorry, double post. :cry:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nance-ell
    http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx It's a wonderful website for embroidery designs. On the right is a link to the "Stitcher's Showcase."

There are lots of things you can do with an embroidery machine. I have made quilts with embroidered blocks:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42154-1.htm

It's nice to make embroidered kitchen towels as gifts for people and you can embroider t-shirts and sweatshirts.

I love to make pictures: Here's a couple:

Love them, beautiful

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JudyG
    Quote Originally Posted by nance-ell
    http://www.emblibrary.com/EL/default.aspx It's a wonderful website for embroidery designs. On the right is a link to the "Stitcher's Showcase."

There are lots of things you can do with an embroidery machine. I have made quilts with embroidered blocks:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-42154-1.htm

It's nice to make embroidered kitchen towels as gifts for people and you can embroider t-shirts and sweatshirts.

I love to make pictures: Here's a couple:
    Judy, those are beautiful! I just bought an embroidery machine mainly because of the beautiful work you and Belles did in the Row Robin. Right now I just want to make nice quilt labels! :lol:

Right now I'm using mine to embroider a lot of snowflakes for the quilt I'm working on. I also did a big sunflower on one daughter's dress (her request) and butterflies on the other daughter's pajamas (also by request).

I'd love to use it more but my time is so limited these days, plus they don't really sell designs for the type of embroidery I'd really like to do. That means either digitizing my own designs or having someone else do it for me, and I don't have the time or money at the moment for either!

I make my own quilt labels, tea towels with Maxine are a favorite, have embroidered aprons for a non-profit fund-raiser, embellished a jacket, made name tags, made blocks for a quilt. I have a Janome 350E and love it.

my sister and i both have the brother pe770 and love them. i'm staying with her at the moment and we have both machines set up. the other day i took off at noon and had both machines running. doing snowflakes on one and embroideryed on 4 shirts on the other. really having fun with them.

I have one but rarely use it. I've done tote bags, pot holders, free standing lace. It comes in handy, but to be honest I havent touched it in a month or more.

Blog Entries
    I got one so that I can make my labels for my quilts. But some people have heard that I got a machine and asked me to some things for them.

DH's shirts for work
    Name:  Attachment-241468.jpe
Views: 437
Size:  26.8 KB

Do Rag
    Name:  Attachment-241469.jpe
Views: 437
Size:  71.9 KB

Baby Bibs
    Name:  Attachment-241470.jpe
Views: 435
Size:  76.4 KB

Candy Apple Block
    Name:  Attachment-241471.jpe
Views: 419
Size:  54.9 KB

Cotton Candy Block
    Name:  Attachment-241472.jpe
Views: 438
Size:  55.2 KB

Have a janome 350e and love it. Do quilts, bibs, runners and would love to be able to create those gorgeous pictures. WOW

Blog Entries
    Mish, it looks like you've learned a lot since you got that machine. Your stuff is adorable.

Bernie, you'll enjoy your machines. Labels are fun.

I have had an emb machine for almost 15 years. Things have exploded in the design dept during the years. What CAN"T you do with it?? Many designers are starting to create In The Hoop designs..some of my favorites are...

http://www.embroiderygarden.com/store/

and

http://www.ggdesignsembroidery.com/

and

http://digistitches.com/

Many are also getting on the band wagon to do in the hoop piecing.

http://www.ljidesigns.com/index.php?...8ad11616edf42b

and

http://www.kennykreations.com/catego...-quilt-blocks/

and

http://www.pieceinthehoop.com/shop/

this list is just the tip of the iceberg..there are many many many.. and lets not forget all the things you can personalize.

I did the quilting on this quilt totally in the hoop. Got the design from here..

http://perfectlittlestitches.com/products.asp?cat=21

It is fun! look at all those little hair clippies from ggdesigns. Aren't they cute???

I have only had mine for a couple of months. So far I have been making a lot of different blocks, random ones that don't match. I am going to put borders on all of them and make them into a quilt. I am signed up for a class, About Trout, that will put it to use next month!

Quote Originally Posted by gaevren
    Right now I'm using mine to embroider a lot of snowflakes for the quilt I'm working on. I also did a big sunflower on one daughter's dress (her request) and butterflies on the other daughter's pajamas (also by request).

I'd love to use it more but my time is so limited these days, plus they don't really sell designs for the type of embroidery I'd really like to do. That means either digitizing my own designs or having someone else do it for me, and I don't have the time or money at the moment for either!
    what software do you have? I have used Embird for years. It costs $150 which is a bargain considering the cost of some of the other programs. It edits and converts every format except ART. I've have 3 different machines and its been a god send.

I think that once you use an embroidery machine you will get lots of ideas as to what to do. It is easy to embellish your clothing tolook more expensive than it is.
    There are several embroidery sites that have wonderful projects to do. Best part too is that there are sooooooooo many free embroidery designs that you can down load.

I love your Avatar quilt, could you please post a picture of the whole quilt? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RkayD
    Quote Originally Posted by gaevren

what software do you have? I have used Embird for years. It costs $150 which is a bargain considering the cost of some of the other programs. It edits and converts every format except ART. I've have 3 different machines and its been a god send.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast