Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 04:37 PM

My sweet sister lets me use her embroidery machine. Here are some scarves I made, and some fleece throws that she did.

Cute flower power border
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241887[/ATTACH]

Cowboy theme throw
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241890[/ATTACH]

Love the cute braided edge she made.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241891[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241881.jpe   attachment-241882.jpe   attachment-241883.jpe   attachment-241884.jpe   attachment-241885.jpe  

Old 08-14-2011, 04:42 PM

I have 2 machines that embroidery. I use them to make designs on sweat shirts, put fancy stitches on some of my quilts, I make purses with embroidered birds, western decor, itc, and my avatar is an all embroidered quilt. The design on the blocks is called Butterfly corners. I also make all kinds of things for Christmas gifts. Just finished 5 stockings with snow globes on them.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241894.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by jmanghamom
I have 2 machines that embroidery. I use them to make designs on sweat shirts, put fancy stitches on some of my quilts, I make purses with embroidered birds, western decor, itc, and my avatar is an all embroidered quilt. The design on the blocks is called Butterfly corners. I also make all kinds of things for Christmas gifts. Just finished 5 stockings with snow globes on them.
could we see a full size pic of your avatar?
Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 PM

I'm making a sweet little baby dress with embroidery on the pockets and the yoke for my first grandbaby due in October.
Old 08-14-2011, 05:46 PM

My quilts are a canvas for my embroidery machine. I embroidery on everything. I suggest you contact a local quilt guild and ask if they have an embroidery club. If they do they will let you visit which would give you the opportunity to talk to users first hand and also give you a chance to view many different items being made as well as see lots of different embroidery machines.

Bet you will be impressed and maybe even become hooked on embroidery like me !! Good luck
Old 08-14-2011, 06:24 PM

Here are a few Items I made with my embroidery machine. I am a novice, but keep sewing away! Having fun. Always looking for new & different things to do!

Just for Fun!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241968[/ATTACH]

Firehouse benefit Throw
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241969[/ATTACH]

Sweatshirts for a friends business
[ATTACH=CONFIG]241970[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-241962.jpe   attachment-241963.jpe   attachment-241964.jpe  
Old 08-14-2011, 06:30 PM

I am in the middle of doing applique of colony ladys for a quilt
Old 08-14-2011, 08:01 PM

Love the pics. Where did you get the patterns?
Old 08-14-2011, 08:38 PM

I use mind on clothing and quilts
Old 08-14-2011, 09:09 PM

I will probably write too much here. I love my embroidery machine. It is a Pfaff 2144. If I had to do it again I am not sure I would buy a Pfaff. It is sort of temperamental. But I know I will never have another so I live with it. I love doing the embroidery! It is just like my quilting though. If I can only die when all my projects are done, I will live forever. My machine is always going with either a sewing project or an embroidery design. I am still learning something new everyday after owning the machine for 6 years. I am inspired all over again by your comments and pictures. Jolsons has very economical wonderful alphabets. I just bought some cute appliques from Urban Threads. I suggest starting out using free designs until you get the hang of it, then spend $$$ for the expensive designs later. Never skimp on stabilizer including a topper. I tried to save money on thread and gave up that notion when the thread would break so often, Now I watch for coupons at JoAnne's for thread. I love making gifts for other people such as towels, sweatshirts, t-shirts, bibs, blankets, pillowcases, baby onesies, towel sets, monogrammed sheets and towels. I love the lace stuff but mo one else seems to like it. Must be an old lady thing. But the snowflakes are show stoppers. Over time I've found wonderful websites from all over the world. I would be interested in sites that others use, besides embroidery library. Stitch on! :D