Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you make with your embroidery machine? >

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

What do you make with your embroidery machine?

Old 08-14-2011, 09:15 PM

These are just too cute! Where did you get those reindeer heads? I love 'em
Old 08-15-2011, 12:00 AM

I have three sewing/embroidery machines, use them all the time. If they aren't running, I'm not home. At Christmas time all three are working for me at the same time. I use them for home dec, clothing, embellishing linens, make totes, bags purses, hats, whatever I can get in the hoop gets embroidered.

If you're not sure you'd use it, try buying a nice used one.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:25 AM

I have a Babylock Ellegante and I have made wall hangings, sets of embroidered dish towels, embroidered on Pashmina scarves, embroidered coffee cup warmers for a Xmas party (with cups) as little extra gifts for everyone attending, potholders, baby burp cloths, tee shirts, quilt labels, lace xmas ornaments, pillow case sets, etc. I have so many projects planned because it is such fun, and I also will be using it to embroider quilt blocks. As others have stated, Embroidery Library on the web has absolutely wonderful designs for a very reasonable price and they have lots of pics of projects made by their customers. They are my go-to embroidery design vendor for the most part.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:31 AM

Hi...I have a Husqvarna Viking Designer 1...lovely machine but considered older now.....but sews and embroiders like a dream
Use it quite often...make all my quilt labels and use it to put names, birth details etc on quilts
Here are some pictures of things I have made with mine
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242054.jpe   attachment-242055.jpe  
Old 08-15-2011, 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.
Janet , I love your quilt , did you design it yourself or was it a pattern.
I love my embroidery machines , I have 2, a Janome 350E and a Janome 11000 I use them most days.

I make quilts , do quilting , tshirts ,lace work,zippered purses,tissue holders,book marks , lace bowls, labels you can even do quilt blocks in the hoop.

first aid pouch
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242067[/ATTACH]

turtle quilt block all made in the hoop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242068[/ATTACH]

baby bibs
[ATTACH=CONFIG]242069[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-242061.jpe   attachment-242062.jpe   attachment-242063.jpe  
Old 08-15-2011, 07:07 AM

I've made quilt blocks for sale, also use it to embroider names on the pet Christmas stockings I sell. Did a cool music theme on a cover for a piece of my husband's music studio equipment with his name and a drum set. I don't use it everyday or even every week, but glad I have it.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:16 AM

I do a lot of towel sets for wedding gifts. I have put names on everything from purses to golf towels. I have a Janome 11000 and love it. I also did a nativity scene similar to the ones about. It was beautiful. I like the "Embroidery Library" website for patterns.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by tmg
I make my quilt labels with mine. I have made baby bibs years ago as gift. I think I need an upgrade.
How do you make your quilt labels? Do you just insert a piece of fabric in the hoop and make your design?
Old 08-15-2011, 07:23 AM

I've made quilt blocks for sale, also use it to embroider names on the pet Christmas stockings I sell. Did a cool music theme on a cover for a piece of my husband's music studio equipment with his name and a drum set. I don't use it everyday or even every week, but glad I have it.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM
Here is a quilt I made with my embroidery machine. Machine applique. The picture was taken at my sister's before I did the binding.
OMG that is absolutley beautiful. I hope to be able to do that one day. I bought two sewing machines a Singer Quatum for quilting and a Brother SE 400. I want to learn how to use both of them so bad I can't stand it.