Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you make with your embroidery machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-make-your-embroidery-machine-t144978.html)

d.swindle 08-15-2011 06:57 PM

I have had my embroidery machine forseveral years and it sure is nice to be able to make personalized quick gifts. I made my elderly neighbor a bible coverwith an embroideried bible verse and I make her an embroidered old fashion rocker cushion and backpad for her front porch.
d. swindle

dreamboat 08-15-2011 07:03 PM

I love mine. In fact I have 2 embroidery machines. Have made at list 200 designs on it. You can check out some of my embroidery work on my webshots url below:

deedum 08-15-2011 07:52 PM

I am wondering where to get the time! I have yet to spend much time with my embrodiery machine like I would like. Tonite I did embrodiery on two receiving blankets that I made for a charity!

true4uca 08-15-2011 08:38 PM

Wow, looks like you emb. a design on a quilt. Do you just do the top or the whole sandwich.

polly13 08-16-2011 05:24 AM

I have found cards for my Pfaff on E-Bay. Perhaps you will find some there.

Originally Posted by glasqlts
I USE MY BERNINA 165 ON A REGULAR BASIS. THE SAD THING IS THAT IT IS NOW PHASED OUT AND IS HARD TO FIND THE CARDS FOR IT. I MAKE TOWEL SETS FOR GIFTS, ESPECIALLY FOR WEDDINGS,AND ALL MY QUILT LABELS, WITH A PICTURE DESIGN TO CO ORDINATE WITH THE QUILT. AN OCCASSIONAL BUTTERFLY FREQUENTLY ENDS UP SOME PLACE ON A FINISHED QUILT. THE FAVORITE TRICK IS A SEAM THAT DOESN'T QUITE MATCH, LOOKS WONDERFUL WITH SOMETHING COVERING IT!

Denise 08-16-2011 07:23 AM

Originally Posted by jmanghamom
I hope I can do this. This is pics of the quilt before it was quilted. I did all over stippling for the quilting.

WOW WOW STUNNING, love your quilt, just beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Marysewfun 08-16-2011 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by polly13
I have found cards for my Pfaff on E-Bay. Perhaps you will find some there.

Originally Posted by glasqlts
I USE MY BERNINA 165 ON A REGULAR BASIS. THE SAD THING IS THAT IT IS NOW PHASED OUT AND IS HARD TO FIND THE CARDS FOR IT. I MAKE TOWEL SETS FOR GIFTS, ESPECIALLY FOR WEDDINGS,AND ALL MY QUILT LABELS, WITH A PICTURE DESIGN TO CO ORDINATE WITH THE QUILT. AN OCCASSIONAL BUTTERFLY FREQUENTLY ENDS UP SOME PLACE ON A FINISHED QUILT. THE FAVORITE TRICK IS A SEAM THAT DOESN'T QUITE MATCH, LOOKS WONDERFUL WITH SOMETHING COVERING IT!

Will your machine let you use like a PE-Basic program on your computer that writes downloaded designs to a card that can be inserted in the machine and stitched out? With something like that you can go to any site and as long as they support the machine format (Bernina I think is one of the common ones), you can then download the design to your computer and write it through this program to a card that can be inserted and used in the machine.

jmanghamom 08-16-2011 05:04 PM

I make blocks and embroidery them and put them together with borders and then I add the batting and backing and quilt. there are 33 blocks in my avatar quilt. It is king size, and it was made for my daughter. She loves black.

jmanghamom 08-16-2011 05:08 PM

I have a program that changes the format of any embroidery pattern to the one I need. PES for brother and hus for my viking. I can also change the size and colors, if I choose. My program is called Embird.

asmmauer 08-16-2011 05:20 PM

I am getting read to quilt my king size quilt top.I have Artista 630 with usb port to plug my design sticks into.It is a great machine and pretty user frindly for someone my age 58 almost. So it has been a new adventure for me and has added alot off fun and creativity to my sewing projecs.