Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you use to keep your foot pedal from moving around? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-use-keep-your-foot-pedal-moving-around-t244219.html)

purplefiend 04-02-2014 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Knitette (Post 6652889)
I don't think I have a solution for you, but this may help someone else.

I had a similar problem - except that my pedal kept getting stuck under my Horn cabinet as I pressed it, so when I got to the end of a seam, it wouldn't stop!

I tried all sorts of things - wedging books and blocks of wood in the gap etc. - until I eventually hit on the idea of a metal L-shaped book end (a plastic one may work, but more likely to break). I simply placed the pedal on the larger side of the book end and it rests against the frame of my cabinet, but is too tall to slide under - hooray!

Isn't that just annoying?? I thought I was the only one with that problem. I really like my Horn cabinet.
Sharon

betty32084 04-02-2014 05:42 AM

my daughter bought new floor mats for her compact car ,I recycled one of her old ones and put it on the floor for the foot pedal , works perfect.The mat grips by its self and foot pedal stays put..

caspharm 04-02-2014 12:43 PM

I use a piece of grip-it shelf liner that I left over from lining my kitchen shelves. It works well.

IBQUILTIN 04-02-2014 01:57 PM

I found a mat at one of the shows, it has ribbed rubber on one side and a piece that fits on your foot pedal, there is also a ribbed wedge that lets you relax your other foot while sewing. It has a tacky piece of carpet beneath the ribbed part and I love it. I went to see if there was a label on it and could not find one. If I find her receipt, I will post the email address for you

dellareya 04-02-2014 02:41 PM

For years and years this was a huge problem for me. The best solution I came up that has made me happy for the last 6 years is------I sewing machine that doesn't need a foot pedal. I love, the on/off button. I can set the speed I want and sew away. I also like my sewing machine because it has a scissor button on it. All of these things make me a happy sewing.

Quiltngolfer 04-03-2014 04:19 AM

Rubber shelf liner works great.

pokeyscorner 04-03-2014 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by athomenow (Post 6653103)
Rubber shelf liner for me. I still have to straighten it out once in a while but not several times a day. More like once a week.

I was desperate to stop the shifting!!! One day, after I finished lining the cabinets in the camper, I wondered what to do w/ the leftover liner. All of a sudden it came to me to try this--I have had the same results, but once a week is sure a lot better :thumbup:.

pokeyscorner 04-03-2014 11:36 AM

Forgot to mention I have a carpeted floor in my sewing room.

Swannie 04-11-2014 06:02 AM

I use 2 sided carpet tape. Have a tile floor.

twinkie 08-19-2014 03:50 AM

A small piece of shelf liner (rubberized kind) works wonders even on carpet.