Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What do you use (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-do-you-use-t101957.html)

BellaBoo 02-22-2011 08:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I use this neat free tool a board member posted about a long time ago. Take the sprial binding off a yard sale cookbook or buy a package of them. I think the size for regular size bobbins is 1/2" but you can buy any size spirals to fit any bobbin. Great to fit perfectly in a drawer any length you want.

Sassylass 02-22-2011 08:44 AM

I use the thingies too....they work great!!!
sass

BellaBoo 02-22-2011 09:36 AM

My DGD used my Sidewinder to fill bobbins when she was younger. She had a blast 'helping' in the sewing room. She would head straight to the sewing aisle at Walmart and buy packages of empty bobbins. I ended up with a shoe box full of of filled bobbins of every color. The spiral book binder made a quick and easy solution to sorting them and keeping them in order.

JanetM 02-22-2011 09:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by BellaBoo
I use this neat free tool a board member posted about a long time ago. Take the sprial binding off a yard sale cookbook or buy a package of them. I think the size for regular size bobbins is 1/2" but you can buy any size spirals to fit any bobbin. Great to fit perfectly in a drawer any length you want.

I've never seen this before...what a great idea :thumbup:

I have been using the bobbin keepers shown in the picture. While I like the fact that I can keep the bobbin with it's thread spool (not mixing up the poly with the cotton) the little pink holders can get loose if they were on a full bobbin and now need to go on a bobbin with little thread. Those little ponytail holders look good.

Bobbin keepers
[ATTACH=CONFIG]164599[/ATTACH]

EagarBeez 02-22-2011 10:53 AM

wow, thanks that is a great idea. I usually buy some for my GD and she always asks me for them when we visit.

ewecansew 02-22-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by JanetM

I've never seen this before...what a great idea :thumbup:

I have been using the bobbin keepers shown in the picture. While I like the fact that I can keep the bobbin with it's thread spool (not mixing up the poly with the cotton) the little pink holders can get loose if they were on a full bobbin and now need to go on a bobbin with little thread. Those little ponytail holders look good.

If you put these pink ones in warm water, they will close up again.

Country1 02-22-2011 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by susanwilley
to keep the thread on your bobbins from unraveling? I use the fabric ponytail thingies for fine baby or little girl hair. They work great and you can match the color to the thread color, which I haven't done alot of. I also use it for my spools of thread. And, they are a great price, about 1.50 for 24.

I do to. They work wonderfully.

Country1 02-22-2011 12:05 PM

Cool!

Tropical 02-22-2011 01:58 PM

Baby hair thingies work great for me. I gave some to my Mom when she came to visit. She likes them, too.

jaciqltznok 02-22-2011 02:20 PM

I also use the hair things and get them really cheap at the $ store!