Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What does FREE mean to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-does-free-mean-you-t62494.html)

ghostrider 09-01-2010 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem

Originally Posted by ghostrider
If you look closer, you will see you can download them for free. There is a download button and they are truly free. Don't panic.

They are free to download.
Cost if they send to you.

And that's entirely fair considering printing, paper, personnel and postage costs...the four P's! :lol:

Ruby Y Campos 09-01-2010 05:30 PM

I receive the American Quilter Magazine published by AGS (American Quilter's Society)and I receive the Hancock of Paducah catalog. I have never purchased their catalog. I just assumed I get the catalog since I am a AGS member. It comes quarterly. They have very good customer service and I find fabric in their catalog that my local shop runs out of quickly.

Lostn51 09-01-2010 05:32 PM

What does FREE mean to me...........A vintage treadle sewing machine company! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Billy

pookie ookie 09-01-2010 05:40 PM

Today, "free" means 400 Microsoft points.

Dead Rising 2 Case Zero reference.

justwannaquilt 09-01-2010 06:26 PM

HEY I want free microsoft points! lol

Hancock's just chaps my cheaks anyways. Don't get me started. lol but yea those patterns are free you just gotta look at the FINE print. They could make that word FREE a little larger for people like myself who are sight challenged! lol

Alondra 09-01-2010 06:26 PM

Well, what can you expect? Our whole vocabulary is presently being redefined. There are mornings when I wake up wondering if I'm still speaking the language du jour well enough to make myself understood, or to keep from offending someone. <G>

Free? It was free looking. <G> Forget that site - there are plenty of others that don't feel obligated to depend on false advertising.

Minda 09-02-2010 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by Alondra
Well, what can you expect? Our whole vocabulary is presently being redefined. There are mornings when I wake up wondering if I'm still speaking the language du jour well enough to make myself understood, or to keep from offending someone. <G>

Free? It was free looking. <G> Forget that site - there are plenty of others that don't feel obligated to depend on false advertising.

It's not false advertising. The patterns are free to download. You only pay if you want them to send you a pattern.

cindit 09-02-2010 05:58 AM

OK, I can't find the free patterns. Can someone post a link?

cindit 09-02-2010 05:59 AM

I found it - sorry to bother you guys!

sueisallaboutquilts 09-02-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
does any one else like the Keepsake Quilting catalog? I always have one in the little library to read and look at pictures.
I am going to try the Hancock's too.

I haven't ordered from Keepsake in a long time. Their prices and shipping were high, maybe they aren't anymore? They always had a nice catalog too :)