Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What does quilting mean to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-does-quilting-mean-you-t127631.html)

Debbie B 06-03-2011 02:03 PM

It all of it...art, craft and hobby. It's a place for just me to create something. And hopefully make someone happy by receiving a gift of love. When I get started hours can go by before I know it. It can also be a place of frustration when I do something wrong or can't figure something out. That's why I'm a member of this board. I can always come here to find out the answer.

debbieoh 06-03-2011 02:10 PM

Its a craft that helps me put a smile on someone face who need it

goosepoint 06-03-2011 02:30 PM

It is my sanity-my domain-my own little private haven. I am in MY ZONE and everyone in my family knows it. It allows my 'creative juices' to flow. If I do it right it is all me and if I do it wrong it is all me. No excuses, no whinning no passing the buck. The only opinion I may ask for is "how do you like the colors". And then all I want a yes or no answer. I have to negotiate and wheel and deal all day. I make some tough decisions all day long. When I sew and quilt I totally RELAX. It is sew much better than a Xanax.

embstitcher 06-03-2011 02:37 PM

I enjoy quilting as a form of a hobby for me. I have been taking quilting classes to learn new techniques. They are so much fun. I enjoy being with other people who enjoy this hobby as much as I do.

sandwich child 06-03-2011 02:48 PM

It puts me in a Zen state; a meditative state; a new dimension. It lowers my blood pressure; allows creative juices to flow. The best part is making something by hand, from the heart, for people you love and care about. What a legacy to leave behind!

Lizzytish 06-03-2011 03:00 PM

:-D Big time RELAXATION :thumbup:

sabaker39 06-03-2011 03:21 PM

Mine is pain management therapy. When I am working on a quilt - from planning it to finishing it, my mind is on my project not pain. But, I love to quilt and make quilts for those I love. And - they appear to appreciate them and definitely use them.

Jennifer22206 06-03-2011 03:23 PM

It's a bit of everything for me. It's a challenge, it's relaxation, it's time for me, it's time for me to think of anything other than what's stressing. It's art, it's comfort, it's memories.

Taughtby Grandma 06-03-2011 03:53 PM

For me it's a way to create and show how much I care in the same thing. My sister could draw, my older brother was a stone mason and taught my youngest brother the art, my second brother inherited my mothers talent of playing any musical instrument he picked up. I've sewn since I was 8 and didn't realize it was a talent until I started quilting seriously about 15 years ago. It makes me happy when I gift a quilt and it makes the recipient happy when they get it.

Glenda m 06-03-2011 05:01 PM

All of the above. Big smile.