Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What does quilting mean to you? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-does-quilting-mean-you-t127631.html)

Quilt-Till-U-Wilt 06-03-2011 04:05 AM

Quilting is a wonderful way to be creative and you're never bored if you quilt. It seems like a few miniutes have gone by and it's hours.

k3n 06-03-2011 04:15 AM

I quilt, therefore I am - I am, therefore I quilt. :-D

Quilting Aggi 06-03-2011 04:19 AM

To me it is THERAPY!!!!
Well it is more than that, but the last year of being so sick and other issues going on in my life it is my time to "get away from it all"!

It is my hobby, my addiction, and also my home based business!!!

lclang 06-03-2011 04:22 AM

I have had a couple of dolts (men) who asked me why in the world anyone would cut up a lot of fabric and then sit and sew it all back together again when you could buy a blanket so cheap. My answer...It keeps me out of the bars and away from people I want to hurt! I agree that it's the best therapy in the world! Hours just fly by when I am busy in the sewing room.

mimee4 06-03-2011 04:24 AM

A sense of connection when someone else likes a quilt I've made. Mostly I made quilts for charity. I feel so good when I know I'm helping someone who may be cold, alone, forgotten. I have a sign above my sewing machine - "Someone somewhere is looking for exactly what I have to offer - by Louise L. Hay".

QuiltMom2 06-03-2011 04:24 AM

I am obsessed (for the most part, quietly!) with quilting. Once I got over my fear of the quilt police and the idea I might actually have to give up on a certain projects it was full speed ahead. For many, many years it was the only thing I did for myself alone: nothing to prove to anyone, no one to criticize, and a break from all the other stresses in my life.
I call quilting my sanity saver.

laurafet 06-03-2011 04:30 AM

Therapy. Sanity!

mpspeedy 06-03-2011 04:33 AM

Quilting is my legacy. It allows me to touch and imerse myself in color and fabrics. At one time I was going to be a writer and even wrote a weekly column in our local paper for almost ten years. I tried to have a career as a hot shot insurance person I just wasn't aggressive enough. I have survived 34 years as a mother and step-mother and divided my spare time between volunteering and needlework of any kind. I am currently immersed in producing Linus quilts averaging 20 a month. They allow me to indulge in cute kiddie prints that I would otherwise have no reason to purchase. They are also a perfect excuse to purchase a Acquilt go machine and update my emboridery machine and software etc. Quilting is so much more forgiving than garment sewing and my current figure makes garment sewing for myself a chore rather than a pleasure. Handquilting can be portable and allows me to accomplish something while I watch TV or kill time when traveling and is a great conversation starter in public places. All of my relatives can expect to recieve somekind of quilted item as a gift whatever the occasion. I have dabbled in many crafts in my 60years but quilting is always the one I return to and enjoy the most.

nab 06-03-2011 04:35 AM

Quilting is my time. No one bothers me when I am quilting. I must say I enjoy time alone. I have a family, friends, and a very special dh, but sometimes I just need time alone. Quilting gives that to me. I love fabric; I love cutting it up and putting it back together; I love the feeling of accomplishment; I love the feeling of giving. What more can you want from life.

mimiof3 06-03-2011 05:00 AM

It's enjoyment - a happy time - its accomplishing and giving.