Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What I learned during my first FMQ on my DSM (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-i-learned-during-my-first-fmq-my-dsm-t148108.html)

MargeD 08-27-2011 10:10 AM

I think your FMQ looks perfectly fine. Good job. Maybe I'll get the nerve to do it myself some day, right now I mainly do SID. I'm sometimes slow to change, but I keep saying to myself that I can do FMQ. I have several placemats made, maybe I'll start with them.

kiffie2413 08-27-2011 10:38 AM

:)
(Apparently I need more practice in Quoting Reply!!)[/quote]

My frustration is through the roof when I FMQ. Seems the more I practice the worse I get. I get myself into tight spots & end up with points or quick turns. I feel I'm trying too hard now & when I should be getting better I'm more dissatified with my work. It's like you're all looking over my shoulder. LOL. I can just hear you saying r-e-l-a-x. Yeah right.............Where's that wine?[/quote]

Have to agree!! But, as I don't drink...well, yet anyways... :wink: I think your fmq practice looks great, and as my quilty "sisters" at my lqs tell me, "Stop taking out all of your stitches!! It says FREE motion for a reason...."lol...
K

GladGrams 08-27-2011 12:04 PM

Make sure none of my grandchildren are anywhere near hearing distance... Grammy can say bad words.... :oops: :oops: :oops:

nannyrick 08-27-2011 12:19 PM

This is just too funny. I have this visual nand am laughing out loud. I also see myself, even tho I do FMQ (learning)
alone. You never did say how you did.
Did you do OK?

nannyrick 08-27-2011 12:23 PM

I,ve tried the wine and the problem is I start to yawn and
want to go to bed, LOL.

Yooper32 08-27-2011 01:35 PM

Looks to me like you are making some very nice progress, so just keep that tongue a twistin', fling those arms with glee, wiggle that nose and twitch those toes and you'rll soon be done, tee hee.

SewExtremeSeams 08-27-2011 01:40 PM

If there was a camera mounted on our machine bed... filming our faces... wouldn't that make a hilarious youtube.com video?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

AnnaF 08-27-2011 03:16 PM

hmmm I learned never ever ever try to FMQ on my domestic machine!! Tossed out the trial piece and never looked back. My hat is so totally off to anyone that can master it.
I love doing freehand quilting on my Gammill longarm, that feels so right.

Stitchnripper 08-27-2011 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnaF
hmmm I learned never ever ever try to FMQ on my domestic machine!! Tossed out the trial piece and never looked back. My hat is so totally off to anyone that can master it.
I love doing freehand quilting on my Gammill longarm, that feels so right.

Yes that would be great. Some of us don't have a long arm and have to use what we have. I've managed so far with basic FMQ. Nothing fancy but I'm happy with it.

QuiltswithConvicts 08-27-2011 06:01 PM

Remember to BREATHE!!!