Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What kind of sewing machine do you have? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-kind-sewing-machine-do-you-have-t163250.html)

unclefreckles 10-26-2011 08:49 AM

I have a Brothers Quattro with the upgrades. I used their same as cash financing and it was well worth it. I have had so much fun using my machine. I would do it again.

kwendt 10-26-2011 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Charlee
I have a lot of machines, but ....

Ho ho!!! Understatement of the YEAR there.... <giggle>

kwendt 10-26-2011 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by unclefreckles
I have a Brothers Quattro with the upgrades. I used their same as cash financing and it was well worth it. I have had so much fun using my machine. I would do it again.

I didn't realize that Brother had such things. Hum, I'll have to check that out...

Meanwhile: I have

1. Modern/old Janome 4000 sewing machine - does all I ask it to and well. It's my main sewing machine.
2. Several antique/vintage machines - fun hobby, great straight stitching.
3. Babylock Evolve 8 thread serger, bought used. HEAVEN.

I've had my eye on a Baby Lock /Brother Ellissimo (who hasn't?) but I think an Ellegante would be all I'd ever use. One day, I'll find one used but in good shape.... I hope...

Anna.425 10-26-2011 08:55 AM

I have a Singer 99, a Singer 201 and a Brother Innov-ís 80. I love them all. In addition to this I have a Serger.

Rhonda Lee 10-26-2011 09:00 AM

Last year for my retirement gift to me from me, I bought an Ellisimo sewing and embroidery machine and an Enlighten serger, both by Babylock. I also bought Koala furniture to house them. Because I bought everything together I received a large discount on all of it. It was like getting some of it free. This is the first time in my life I have had a place to sew and do so with wonderful machines. I've made to with cast offs and card tables until now. I have no regrets of my wonderful me gift. It is such a pleasure to sew with the ellisimo. I really love this machine.

countryblocks 10-26-2011 09:01 AM

I have a Bernina 1630 and how can I find out what it's worth? also have embroidery machine but would like to have a sewing machine and embroidery machine all in 1 but can't afford alot. I have quite a few cards for embrodery machine.

quiltlover51 10-26-2011 09:06 AM

I have a Bernina 830 with embroidery attachment . I also still have my first Bernina 1130. That's the 1130 with my kitty peeking thru. This was a surprise gift from my late husband and still the best sewing machine ever in my opinion.

And I, too, can't imagine paying over $10,000 for a sewing machine - like newest Bernina.

auniqueview 10-26-2011 09:06 AM

I have a Brothers PRW80 that likes me enough to tell me what to dial for what stitch, and I do like that machine. And if I don't want to actually put a quilt under there, it's a wonderful machine, but no harp space worth mentioning.

I picked up a Kenmore 385 that took no offense when I told it I wanted to sew denim, and even forgave me for breaking the needle by hitting metal. I paid $14.99 for that one, and all I needed to buy for it was a zigzag foot that cost more to ship than the $7.99 for the foot.

Also, a Singer 15 clone I have to get cleaned and checked over, and Dressmaker 101 that I know runs,but have not tried out yet.

Before I spend $3000 on a machine, I will head over to the local motorcycle shop, lol. I can't find those at yard sales and thrift shops.

Wonnie 10-26-2011 09:11 AM

Baby Lock Quilter's Choice. Really like it for some things but absolutely am in love with my Singer Featherweight, 72 years old and still going strong. It's been used and abused and still keeps on goin' !!! It had been well used long before I received it for Christmas in 1959. Only does straight stitching but they are beautiful. Also, have a Singer 600 that was my mother's but don't use it.

Wonnie 10-26-2011 09:11 AM

Baby Lock Quilter's Choice. Really like it for some things but absolutely am in love with my Singer Featherweight, 72 years old and still going strong. It's been used and abused and still keeps on goin' !!! It had been well used long before I received it for Christmas in 1959. Only does straight stitching but they are beautiful. Also, have a Singer 600 that was my mother's but don't use it.