Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What makes your quilting/sewing room so special? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-makes-your-quilting-sewing-room-so-special-t102800.html)

fabricfairy 02-25-2011 05:41 PM

my sewing room is my close off the worls place when I enter in there I am in heaven , (well almost) , I have my notions in marked boxes , fabric folded and in colours , patterns in pocket over the doors ruler all lined up on the end of my cutting table , music playing and and I just love it .
Cathy

SewExtremeSeams 02-25-2011 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by Tropical
My DH makes my sewing room special for me. :)

My DH is the same as yours with his building skills and it is so wonderful and supportive. I support his woodworking skills and love what he makes also. Win-win marriage.
:-D

decky 02-25-2011 06:18 PM

It's all mine!!! and the grandkids are not allowed in there, nor is my husband unless I want him to do something. Right now it is rather crowded as I have my 10' quilt frame set up, will be moving it into my husbands room when he is able to move it.

biscuitqueen 02-25-2011 06:24 PM

Mine is a WIP, but it is mine, and everyone leaves me alone when I'm in there.

Divokittysmom 02-25-2011 06:26 PM

What makes my room special is.... it's mine, just mine! No sharing as a guest room. I can decorate as I like, I put an embroidered Sunbonnet Children Valance up that I created as I love Sunbonnets. I play my favorite music, and have my doll collection in there with me. Everything else is all my sewing paraphernalia and my 2 machines including my grandma's 1924 treadle. I totally LOVE my room! :-D

butterflies5518 02-25-2011 06:42 PM

After years of asking for a sewing room I have my own. Of course single now and kids all grown but still love calling it "My sewing room"!

jojosnana 02-25-2011 06:45 PM

I love having a whole closet to house my fabric. No one is allowed in the closet unless I am there to make sure the fabric for doll clothes or a little project aren't the $9+ fabric. You know what I mean. I have a cabinet that houses two of my singers and my Ott light. The cabinet is shut most of the summer when I am in the garden and open from cold weather till the end of cold weather. I have my computer in the room too. All of these things don't get moved unless I move them and that in itself is a pleasure. Of couse that also means if it is a mess, I did it!

sap 02-25-2011 06:53 PM

DH has his MAN cave, I have my WOMAN cave. nuf-said.

Berta48 02-25-2011 06:55 PM

Well my sewing room is in my laundry room.It is about 22x20 and I have 2 6ft tables beside one another with my sewing table and embroidery table placed one end of those .Then I have a six shelf wire rack and 9 or ten BIG commercial drawers full of fabric.My accuquilt Go is on the shelf in front of the window and the cupboards are storage for my thread and (a few plastic dishes etc)The double door closet is where I put my wall when needed. Dh put a floresant light above my sewing tables and there is also two windows and another ceiling light with afan above the 2 6ft tables.It is my space and I love going there and doing my thing!Plus I can get my laundry done all at the same time :thumbup:

Annz 02-25-2011 07:11 PM

A chaise lounge, a rocking chair and a twin bed for guests.