Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What makes your quilting/sewing room so special? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-makes-your-quilting-sewing-room-so-special-t102800.html)

Rita's mom 02-25-2011 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by echoemb
I love your cattle dog.. Proud owner of 3.

Oh now your avitar is a cutie if i've ever seen one! :-D

Ms Elaine Va 02-25-2011 07:51 PM

I guess it is all mine, mess and all. I wish it had a door. At least I can do whatever I want in that room. I feel like it is my "girl cave".

Lucy90 02-25-2011 08:27 PM

I love my room (not done yet) because it is mine and I can have what ever I want in there and I can arrange it to my liking. I also have some antiques with the new and love it. I have enough storage and I store some fabric downstairs. All my projects I can see that are in containers. I love it!! I can leave stuff out and not worry about putting things away if I am having company. It is heaven!!

Mariposa 02-25-2011 08:56 PM

Because the room is mine! Not very big, but on main floor since I have fibro, makes life easier. Have 2 big south facing windows, and 2 east. Very quiet and peaceful. Good place for me to do my "therapy" crafts! :)

seamstome 02-25-2011 09:16 PM

I love the decor, all girlie girl. And everything is exactly the right height for me.

Now the other thing that makes it special is that it is the hottest room in the house. I keep the window open all winter long and if I sew in the summer I need to set the AC in the house at 60 to keep my room 78.

grammysharon 02-25-2011 09:32 PM

First I painted it deep turquoise, there are all kinds of things hanging on the walls that refer to quilting. Then all the bookcases filled with colorful fabric and books. I think my 4 year old granddaughter put it best. She said "Grammy it is a happy room" :thumbup:

penski 02-26-2011 12:09 AM

mine is special to me because it is "my" room and mine only i can upstairs to my sewing room and no one will bother me

gal288 02-26-2011 03:23 AM

The DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door. When I'm in the zone, everyone knows to find it themself, make their own lunch(or dinner sometimes), that Mom is not availlable!

It's the one place I can go to for peace & quiet, except for the machine noise, of course!

lclang 02-26-2011 06:04 AM

Because I can touch, smell, and see all that color and think about the possibilities. It's a place to dream and plan and enjoy.

mar32428 02-26-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
I was in the process of setting up my quilting room in our spare bedroom downstairs. It was going to be my special, all mine, quiet room. Well we have an unexpected guest staying with us for a while, so I have put some of the finishing touches for my room on hold. But I always love to hear how some of you have made your quilting rooms like your personal sanctuary and a place you love to be. I was curious what some you have added to or have done to your rooms that make them such a special place?

First of all,is size, 15' x 20', a huge north picture window with lots of light and a resting spot for my eyes as I scope out the birds on the feeder outside the window, tv and tape player for those older ones and several Ott lamps for each machine. These old eyes don't see as well as they used to.