Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the new "must make" pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-new-must-make-pattern-t181312.html)

WilliP 03-20-2012 03:22 PM

Is there anyway you can set up a braiding station on a counter top or sturdy table? I seem to remember one of my great aunts braiding strips of fabric together and using some sort of a clamp on the counter of the kitchen to work as a holder for it. She would braid the strips then we would get to help stitch them together when we came to visit, I learned from this aunt and her twin sister (who was blind) to figure out what I wanted to accomplish and then take it apart in doable steps and not be afraid to ask for a bit of help if it was needed. Aunt "Odd" as she referred to herself, left me a legacy of accepting the fact that I might not always do something the same way as everyone else, but what I did was always worth the effort.

Originally Posted by Dawnmarieodya (Post 5026756)
I cant neet or croshea (lol) cant even spell either one.any way I cant because my right hand wont let me. Had to buy a accucut because I cant cut too long with right hand.Any way I need to know how I can make a rug out of fabric.I need one in my family room and I have enough scraps to make one.

WilliP 03-20-2012 03:38 PM

I agree that the Twister/Lil Twister have sparked interest here in the PNW. We are also into bags of large but manageable size for shopping with so many places going for the plastic bag bans. Hand embroidery and applique seem to be getting our attention too. As an off shoot, I am being asked by the 9 yr old grand if I can help her make a few dresses. So, we have located a few patterns and will be starting that project soon. Plus after watching one of those rework your wardrobe using garments you already own, I realize I need to redo my clothes too --basically have work outfits needing replacement and a couple pairs of jeans that have seen better days. LOL So, anyone know of some interesting patterns that aren't necessarily McCalls or Simplicity?

WilliP
[email protected]

Phannie1 03-20-2012 03:43 PM

Easter Baskets and Cookie baskets

6 Attachment(s)
This is what I have found for the "quick" hostess gift or now for the Easter holidays. The orgianal pattern was from the Mexican Star Cookie basket. (give credit where credit is due.) But I wanted something to show case my fabrics and quick and easy. So I gave it a fussy cut corner and it opened up a world of possiblities....

jeemmerling621 03-20-2012 06:51 PM

I have seen (and done) a lot of Twister quilts with the Twister ruler by CS Designs. I really enjoyed the process of making it and am looking forward to getting the ruler in different sizes :).

Handcraftsbyjen 03-21-2012 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by jeemmerling621 (Post 5077652)
I have seen (and done) a lot of Twister quilts with the Twister ruler by CS Designs. I really enjoyed the process of making it and am looking forward to getting the ruler in different sizes :).

I say get the Primitive Pinwheels sizes! They are my favorites.