Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the new "must make" pattern? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-new-must-make-pattern-t181312.html)

JUNEC 03-03-2012 12:25 PM

I will be watching to see what others come up with - I can't think of anything off hand

Iraxy 03-03-2012 01:02 PM

After years and years of procrastinating, I finally did some paper piecing. Carol Doak Stars, here I come. YES! Watched the tutorial on this site.

Z 03-03-2012 01:21 PM

Magic pillowcases

Originally Posted by BellaBoo (Post 5023341)
For my guild it's the magic pillowcases! They are addictive and fun. Who doesn't like a pretty and awesome personal pillowcase!

What is magic about the pillowcases? Is there a pattern?

Lee in Richmond 03-03-2012 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5023255)
I did a couple of the easy square casserole carriers and I am currently intrigued by the cat bed posted yesterday. I am going to go to my LQS for some fleece soon. I was blown away by the Diamond Mine pattern posted this week also. I added it to my bucket list.

As soon as he has time my husband will re-measure the casserole carrier for a 9x9 or 8x8 dish, as everyone already seems to have the 9x13" one. Me and geometry agreed along ago not to get in each other's way!

janice1120 03-03-2012 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingCrazie (Post 5023519)
Only thing that come to my mind is the twister quilts they seem to be all over. I fell in love with the shamrock and cactus. I'm going to make a long overdue NM quilt...

#1 piecemaker you'll do great with the story book. I made a couple when I ran a daycare at home and they are so easy and fast!! I still have mine, didn't realize it til the other day when I was looking at our library downstairs.

How do you make the story book? Have or are going to have the third new great-grandchild.

bjg 03-03-2012 03:58 PM

Would love to see a pattern for this.

Pat G 03-03-2012 06:04 PM

My most recent project has been to make Pineapple Placemats & am currently teaching a neighbor how to make them. Now I'm into doing microwave bowls since I've really perfected the ones that work well for me.

onemoe 03-03-2012 06:55 PM

Electric Avenue by Jean Ann Wright. Fabric by Paula Nadelstern, whom I love

quilting in my60s 03-03-2012 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by Dande413 (Post 5023214)
I noticed for a while everyone was making Bow Tuck purses, mug rugs, 1600" jelly roll quilts. What is the newest fad/pattern that should be put on the top of my ever-growing bucket list? I hope it is quick and easy.

Where I live in the Pacific Northwest, Little Twisters seems to be the new interest. I just finished using the 5" tool and made a red and white heart wall hanging. I still need to quilt it. If you like to buy charm packs when you visit a new quilt store, I like the idea of using the Twister tool. We also have started a hand embroidery club to share our love of hand embroidery (it was an off shoot of our Thimbleberries club). The book for Thimbleberries club this year has a monthly hand embroidered block. Some of us love putting embroidery work in our quilts (whether it is machine or hand we like it!)

Havplenty 03-04-2012 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 5023446)
What are the magic pillowcases? This term is new tome.

this method is also called the roll-up method and it's on 1 million pillowcase challenge website.