Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What quilt do you really really want to do before the end of this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-quilt-do-you-really-really-want-do-before-end-year-t153514.html)

lovelyl 09-17-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
I would love to get a KING size quilt made that my husband requested. He ask for 3 quilts to fit our bed. I just hope to get one done or get a smaller bed :)

I understand the "get a smaller bed"!!! But I did get a king size done this summer (except for the binding) - I used the Turning Twenty pattern with the 16.5" block - went together in no time!

rsmomx3 09-17-2011 11:21 AM

New quiler

I know exacly what you are saying. I am 74 yrsold and seems someone in this family always has something or need something from me. I had dreams of doing what I wanted and when I wanted to do it when I retired but never happened.
I keep thinking it will come just hope I am still here. lol
You have a nice day

javin22 09-17-2011 11:23 AM

I am trying to finish a bearpaw quilt out of wool and corderoy for my daughter and her husband.

Dix 09-17-2011 11:41 AM

I want to do a black and white 10 min block king size for grandson and wife. They married in Feb. and loved the wedding quilt I did for them and now have moved into a new house and have a king size bed. They will use the other one on the guest room.

BuzzinBumble 09-17-2011 12:29 PM

My cousin's son R, who is in the US Marines recently fell in love with a young lady who has a little boy, who he also fell in love with. R asked me to do a quilt made out the little guy's baby clothes as a surprise. So that is something I absolutely want to get done.

My own wish list is too long. It's like being a kid in a candy shop with only a quarter in my pocket! Which to choose, which to choose!?!? ;)
But I would really love to get to 2 Judy Niemeyer patterns: Indian Summer and Jumping Jax Flash. I have fallen in love with paper piecing!

quiltmau 09-17-2011 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by New Quilter

Originally Posted by craftybear
could anyone help you???

What quilt do you really really want to do before the end of this year?

(sigh)...to finally have a big enough block of free time to clean out the spare bedroom downstairs for my own quilting room...but with all of the dr. appts. for my Mom and my husband, it's going to be a while...Naomi

Nope...and that's the really frustrating part...I live in another city 15 miles from my Mom...my brother lives with her...he 'occasionally' has a license but doesn't have a car, my younger sister lives less than a mile from Mom but it seems she is always working, next door to her is my older sister who doesn't drive at all(thank goodness)...I have to get groceries for 3 households, plus the dr. appts for everyone...seems like I start to clean the room and someone has another "emergency"...I am 61, and this isn't the "Life" I ordered...lol...Naomi

their "emergency" is not necessarily yours. Sounds to me you forgot the word "no-not today". You are important! You need to remember that.
-what would happen if you were not there. Would the world come to and end or would they survive for another day?

Rettie V. Grama 09-17-2011 12:49 PM

A Christmas Quilt. Have fabric, batting and backing. Just need to incorporate and sew.

Grambi 09-17-2011 01:39 PM

[quote=New Quilter]

could anyone help you???

(sigh)...to finally have a big enough block of free time to clean out the spare bedroom downstairs for my own quilting room...but with all of the dr. appts. for my Mom and my husband, it's going to be a while...Naomi

Nope...and that's the really frustrating part...I live in another city 15 miles from my Mom...my brother lives with her...he 'occasionally' has a license but doesn't have a car, my younger sister lives less than a mile from Mom but it seems she is always working, next door to her is my older sister who doesn't drive at all(thank goodness)...I have to get groceries for 3 households, plus the dr. appts for everyone...seems like I start to clean the room and someone has another "emergency"...I am 61, and this isn't the "Life" I ordered...lol...Naomi[/quote

I would really like to do a Log Cabin--can't believe I haven't done one yet!

Naomi, have you checked to see if there are any social services to could help ease your load a bit--maybe Meals on Wheels or a transportation service for the doctor's appointments. I know how hard it is when you feel like you are the only one who can get all the things done that need to be done but maybe there is some help out there.

Sadiemae 09-17-2011 01:50 PM

could anyone help you???

Nope...and that's the really frustrating part...I live in another city 15 miles from my Mom...my brother lives with her...he 'occasionally' has a license but doesn't have a car, my younger sister lives less than a mile from Mom but it seems she is always working, next door to her is my older sister who doesn't drive at all(thank goodness)...I have to get groceries for 3 households, plus the dr. appts for everyone...seems like I start to clean the room and someone has another "emergency"...I am 61, and this isn't the "Life" I ordered...lol...Naomi

If you really want help, the office on the aging where you live will be able to help and will know of any resources available.

alapetitechaise 09-17-2011 02:37 PM

I just want to get my Christmas presents finshed.