Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What is the silliest thing you did while quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-silliest-thing-you-did-while-quilting-t23488.html)

erstan947 04-14-2010 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by bearisgray
the dumbest thing I've done while sewing :oops:

I very thoroughly oiled my Bernina with FrayChek

ouch!

mary quite contrary 04-24-2010 03:49 AM

I thought I'd bring this thread back out rather than start a new one.

I have been working on a QAYG (quilt as you go). I purchased the steam a seam or whatever and it worked great except it was a little wider than I needed. So, after I finished that package I went back to WM for another package and thought I would get the cheaper version which is a little narrower and cheaper. Did I mention cheaper? I found the end and started using it. It was really really thin and hard to work with. I kept telling myself it's OK because it is cheaper and I can deal with it. One strip it tore off like scotch tape and I couldn't find my end. I got frustrated and just started pulling on it and thought I would just unwind a bunch because I would use it anyway. I had been using the plastic wrap on the outside! I hadn't even gotten in to the real stuff. No wonder it was so hard to work with. It did stick the bias tape to the back. Glad it didn't stick to my iron. BUT it was cheaper.

sewjoyce 04-24-2010 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by mary quite contrary
I thought I'd bring this thread back out rather than start a new one.

I have been working on a QAYG (quilt as you go). I purchased the steam a seam or whatever and it worked great except it was a little wider than I needed. So, after I finished that package I went back to WM for another package and thought I would get the cheaper version which is a little narrower and cheaper. Did I mention cheaper? I found the end and started using it. It was really really thin and hard to work with. I kept telling myself it's OK because it is cheaper and I can deal with it. One strip it tore off like scotch tape and I couldn't find my end. I got frustrated and just started pulling on it and thought I would just unwind a bunch because I would use it anyway. I had been using the plastic wrap on the outside! I hadn't even gotten in to the real stuff. No wonder it was so hard to work with. It did stick the bias tape to the back. Glad it didn't stick to my iron. BUT it was cheaper.

OMG -- that is SEW funny!!! I can just see myself doing that!! :lol: :lol:

omak 04-24-2010 09:41 AM

Turned my head while rotary cutting with the Shape Cutter Ruler - - and, sliced off part of my index finger ... Fortunately, I didn't bleed on anything and I could figure out how to get the bleeding stopped, once it started, but the most STUPID thing about the whole affair was - - I don't know why I EVER turned my head - - I was alone in the house, and there was NOTHING to look at ... (obviously, left to my own devices, I am a strange, frightening, dangerous child! <g>) LOL <wave>

Tiffany 04-30-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by omak
Turned my head while rotary cutting with the Shape Cutter Ruler - - and, sliced off part of my index finger ... Fortunately, I didn't bleed on anything and I could figure out how to get the bleeding stopped, once it started, but the most STUPID thing about the whole affair was - - I don't know why I EVER turned my head - - I was alone in the house, and there was NOTHING to look at ... (obviously, left to my own devices, I am a strange, frightening, dangerous child! <g>) LOL <wave>

Sadly, I can see myself doing something like this. :lol: Glad it wasn't too serious!

Pamela Artman 04-30-2010 02:09 PM

Got my sewing machine back from repair shop, was so excited. I put in bobbin thread, started sewing, and sewing and sewing. Sewed for a half hour, little squares piling up behind the machine on the table. Went to pick them up, none of them were sewn! I forgot to put in the top thread! LOL

JoanneS 04-30-2010 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Pamela Artman
Got my sewing machine back from repair shop, was so excited. I put in bobbin thread, started sewing, and sewing and sewing. Sewed for a half hour, little squares piling up behind the machine on the table. Went to pick them up, none of them were sewn! I forgot to put in the top thread! LOL

I've done that when the bobbin was empty - maybe not for 30 min though ~ ~ ~