Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What size quilt do you make most often? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-size-quilt-do-you-make-most-often-t94714.html)

Jill 01-28-2011 07:01 PM

I don't make any one size quilt, I go from one to another. I got tired of the full/queen/king size quilts last year and made a number of wall hangings, then made a baby quilt, then 65x65, and back to small ones. I get bored doing very many of the same size, so I vary it all the time.

jaymemade 01-28-2011 07:15 PM

I like making lap quilts because they'll get dragged around and used.

Janet Espeleta 01-28-2011 07:21 PM

I prefer medium to large sized wallhangings or lap quilts. That way it satisfies my urge to make that particular design without a huge time or financial commitment. I already have to live to be 300 to get all the quilts made that I want to do so if I limited myself to just bed sized quilts I would be in even worse shape than I am now! LOL

Dee Dee 01-28-2011 07:33 PM

I mostly make queen size. I LOVE to see them on the bed.

Annya 01-29-2011 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Happy Treadler
I've been bouncing around all over the place, finding SOOOO many cool patterns I want to make. Trying to pick my next project. I wondered what size quilt you all typically tend to make. Table runners? Wall hangings? Bed quilts? Lap quilts? Miniature quilts?

Inquiring minds would love to know. :mrgreen:

Trina

p.s. For me, it seems that quilting isn't only a hobby, it's a sickness!!

Except for an occasional baby quilt measuring at least 50 inch square I prefer to make good sized quilts that way it can go onto any bed and look good. They are much easier to make if I am using bigger blocks --16inches. I am sticking to QAYG because it is a lot better than fighting the machine to quilt it in one go.

quilterella 01-29-2011 01:53 AM

Large lap size 63"x 63" for baby blankets, and lap quilts and anything larger. I have probably only made 3 table runners in the 20 years I've been quilting. I prefer to make large quilts,but, I suppose when all my family have enough quilts(NEVER!!), I'll have to rethink that one!

MerryQuilter 01-29-2011 03:08 AM

Every size

Edie 01-29-2011 03:10 AM

Originally Posted by Jim's Gem
Large Lap size quilts. They are almost twin. I give this size a lot for wedding gifts and such. Something big enough for 2 people to cuddle under on the couch.

I believe this is about the size I like to make - I use 15-12 inch blocks - 3 across - 5 down with two inch sashing and a four inch border. It does fit on top of a double bed, but is a perfect oversize lap quilt. They can either be machine quilted, hand quilted or tied. Edie

mcdaniel023 01-29-2011 03:16 AM

Large lap quilts for me. That is as big as I want to wrestle with on my reg. size machine. I, too get bored and would have to really like it to make a king size.

plainpat 01-29-2011 03:19 AM

Ours were all K size.The DDs got Q size & twin for the Grkids.
Have no more room, so now I make sofa throws,wall hangings & table runners/table toppers.