Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What small quilt projects are you working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-small-quilt-projects-you-working-today-t36839.html)

deedum 08-08-2010 07:13 PM

I am finishing the binding on my lap quilt,kinda out of my box, so I am just now getting around to finishing it! Also, working on a two hour tulip purse. Thought I would make some for Christmas gifts but now I am wondering!

msuewhite 08-26-2010 05:50 AM

3 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by msuewhite
Thank you, I will. I am assembly-line piecing the blocks and haven't fully completed them yet. I will photograph the finished blocks for you. Then, after I assemble the blocks I will post a photo of that. I had this pattern many years ago when it appeared in, I think, the large Needlearts Magazine. But I have moved three times since and it got away from me. I searched for the pattern online and was blessed to find it. I found a photo of the pattern book and will try to add it here.

Okay, all done with my Copy-Cat Quilt. It measures approx. 24" square. The 'yarn balls' are actually Yo-Yos I made and tacked in place when the quilt was completely finished. Hope you like the photos!

retired2pa 08-26-2010 06:18 AM

msuewhite....that is really cute! Love the idea of the yo-yo's.

paintedquilt 08-26-2010 07:14 AM

I'm finishing a bow tuck purse for a friend's birthday. They go over really well

seamstome 08-26-2010 07:55 AM

I am not finishing ANY small project (BOO HOO) because I am still in the middle of that Bali Wedding Star. This thing is 34 squares and I will have 16 done by Sunday with the other 18 in some partial stage of completion.

I long for a small, simple project!!!

jetnica 08-26-2010 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by deedum
I am finishing the binding on my lap quilt,kinda out of my box, so I am just now getting around to finishing it! Also, working on a two hour tulip purse. Thought I would make some for Christmas gifts but now I am wondering!

The first tulip purse is a bit cranky - but they do get easier! I can whip one out in about an hour now!!!!

retired2pa 08-26-2010 04:33 PM

I took a break today from my 6 (yes, you read that right!!) quilt projects I've been working on and need to have done by Nov. when we go to CA to see family (they're gifts). I have 3 3/4 done and I decided to work on something small today. Several years ago a dear friend of mine (a quilter) died of cancer and her daughter gave me a block that her mother had finished just before she passed away. It's an applique angel on a 12" block. I've just kept it with some other blocks and never knew what I wanted to do with it so today I got it out and finished making a small wall hanging for my sewing room. I hated to cut it in any way because I didn't want to throw any of it away because my friend had made it, but now that it's done I'm glad my angel will be with me in my room :) I think Francine would like it.

deedum 08-27-2010 05:48 PM

Agreed, the tuplip purse is a puzzler. I have yet to finish it, but it is still on my list to get finished this month, ok, next month really!