Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What small quilt projects are you working on today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-small-quilt-projects-you-working-today-t36839.html)

auntobby 02-14-2010 01:50 PM

Well, we had some water damage from the snow here in Oklahoma, and guess which ceiling had the worst damage? Yep! You guessed it. My sewing room, but that's a good thing. After replacing the roof, I got a new ceiling, and my room now has a fresh coat of paint. I can't wait to move back in there and start sewing, again.
I spent this afternoon shampooing the carpet.
Next the molding goes up and I am ready to go:-)
I am excited!!!!

skpkatydid 02-14-2010 01:56 PM

I am continuing to applique a large turtle shell for a wall hanging.

Congrates on the twin grandbabies!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-14-2010 02:00 PM

Just finished a doll quilt, and now I want to make another one. They are so much fun.

jljack 02-14-2010 10:37 PM

Just finished my February doll quilt for the swap. Next project is BIG - king size log cabin for our bed. I've been waiting a year to do it because of several "small" projects. Can't wait to do a really big one now.

oksewglad 02-15-2010 11:24 PM

I had scraps from our guild charity quilt. I ended up making 40+ 3" shoofly blocks--have put them into 3 different small quilts. will post when I get them finished.

craftybear 02-16-2010 12:28 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,

Wow, please post pictures so we can all enjoy!

I just learned how to paper piece Monday night and have made 4 blocks so far. Wow, so easy and fun!Thanks again Sharon for teaching me in the snow storm! Was fun!

I posted 2 of the blocks so far! I am going to start a blog just for show and tell of the things that I am making.

I need to get to bed, 3:27 a.m. Indiana time. oh my!

Karen

My camera made it look like the blocks are crooked, but not, hummm, need to figure out a better way to take pictures of them! (crazy camera)

My First Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9226[/ATTACH]

2nd Paper Piece Block 2/15/2010
[ATTACH=CONFIG]9227[/ATTACH]

Nursesews 02-16-2010 03:12 AM

Finished a little baby doll quilt and pillow for my great niece, found it while cleaning and organizing sewing room :D Then cut out fleece for two toboggans, have about a dozen made, hope to get a couple more dozen then take to mission in town.

mpspeedy 02-16-2010 04:03 AM

Both of my guilds are participating in the Million pillowcase project. I think I will whip up at least two pillowcases for each group and maybe a couple of Linus Quilts for the one meeting this thursday. They are actually going to be having a hands on workday. It is not physically good for me to drag my sewing machine etc. to the meeting for just a couple of hours. I will take hand sewing supplies so that I can help by sewing on labels etc. I currently have the parts of a T shirt quilt I am putting together for a customer laid out on my ping pong table. I guess I might get a little done on it today.

Pattil 02-16-2010 06:13 AM

I'm working on a "Valentine Wall Hanging" I never finished. We are getting "snowed in" here in Ohio so I'll be ......sewing, sewing,and more sewing. ((hugs)) from "Snowey Ohio"

jetnica 02-16-2010 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by skpkatydid
I am continuing to applique a large turtle shell for a wall hanging.

Congrates on the twin grandbabies!

I would love to see pictures of this - I'm OBSESSED with turtles!

pattil - we're getting more snow too! it's the only way i've been able to get stuff done it seems!

-- I'm going to make a tote bag/purse out of some turtle fabric I've been hoarding for a few years, then use the scraps in a "scrappy" turtle quilt (also collecting/hoarding fabric for that for years).

-- I would love to get the tote finished, the turtle top pieced, and pieces cut for another wedding present today... ah such lofty goals...