Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   what it takes to change bulb in sewing machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-takes-change-bulb-sewing-machine-t70474.html)

grannie cheechee 10-16-2010 10:16 AM

The bulb in my machine burned out. Went to dealer bought the new one. Came home, and tried for over an hr. to replace. Old one came out and back in real easy. Thought new bulb wasn't as long as old one. Drove 15 miles to see if other place had the very same kind as old one. No luck. DH asked me why I was having so much trouble. I'm showing him how you have to line it up, push it up, and then turn it clockwise. Its in, and it works! He knows better than to say anything.

Chasing Hawk 10-16-2010 10:19 AM

:)

Just like a bulb in a car. :)

My industrial machine used regular light bulbs. Although I would have preferred the smaller version we use nowadays.

ptquilts 10-16-2010 10:36 AM

There seem to be two kinds, push and twist, and screw in. I have been known to duct tape a nightlight to the machine when I couldn't get a bulb.

mamasuze 10-16-2010 10:37 AM

Isn't that just so frustrating? My DH has also learned that he'd better not say anything at all, because it's not going to be very pleasant around our house for a while! Why, why, why do such simple things have to be so difficult sometimes?

BellaBoo 10-16-2010 10:42 AM

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

amma 10-16-2010 11:49 AM

Another one of "those" moments :roll: :lol::lol:

Shelbie 10-16-2010 12:04 PM

My Janome 6500 takes small push in bulbs (looks like a LED light) and charges $4.99 per bulb. My husband sent me to the tractor supply store to get bulbs for the cab of his tractor. They looked very familiar and cost .51 each. I asked, they said bring in your old bulb. Guess what? Same bulb. Now I have lots of cheap spares.

tjradj 10-16-2010 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by Shelbie
My Janome 6500 takes small push in bulbs (looks like a LED light) and charges $4.99 per bulb. My husband sent me to the tractor supply store to get bulbs for the cab of his tractor. They looked very familiar and cost .51 each. I asked, they said bring in your old bulb. Guess what? Same bulb. Now I have lots of cheap spares.

Doesn't that just rot your socks! I hate being taken advantage of. The same thing goes for any "medical" or "dental" supplies. When I worked in a dental office, we ordered a "burr holder" to put the drill bits in so they didn't get lost in the sterilizer. Cost a fortune.
It was a "tea infuser," available at any dollar store!
Argh!

littlehud 10-16-2010 04:51 PM

That's the way it goes. Give it a fancy name and charge more.

Sadiemae 10-16-2010 05:14 PM

I went to town for a lightbulb about a month ago for a Pfaff. Came home and couldn't get it in. Went back to town with the machine and the lightbulb and told them to put it in. They change bulbs all ofthe time and it was less frustrating than me trying for an hour.