Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What Techniques have you used to HIDE-N-SNEAK fabric in the house? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-techniques-have-you-used-hide-n-sneak-fabric-house-t108372.html)

sherriequilts 03-22-2011 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanniejo
I don't need to hide mine. He never notices how much fabric I have or when I get my hair cut, loose 30 pounds, wear something new, or when I sick. Mostly if it's not about him, he doesn't care.

I'm sorry. Glad you are here. We care.

clcoats 03-22-2011 06:40 AM

If we have to hide it, does that mean we believe we didn't need it? The only thing I hide is chocolate! LOL

nancia 03-22-2011 02:20 PM

wait aminute! are you saying chocolate ISN"T necessary?

29cathie 03-23-2011 04:06 AM

In years gone by I used to sneak fabric into the house. In those days it was sewing for clothes. Now it is quilting fabric and he doesn't care. :oops:

tmg 03-23-2011 04:17 AM

I was given a lady's stash and I was trying to leave it in the car until I was at home by myself but I got caught with it. I had to confess. All he did was shake his head. I haven't told him about the 2 hand quilting frames I'm getting yet.

I hide fabric in the children room. At my mother house by the way she lives next door to me.

luvTooQuilt 03-23-2011 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by grugirl

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
My DH has a 24 x 36 workshop with all the whisles and bells I dont hide anything just moan alot how I want a workshop like his.

Oooooh, WELL that is SWEET.
Husband has his dream shop now.. so he pretty much is fine with what I do. Too funny, before he had such an awesome space, he would stand in my quilt room doorway and just stare.

Mine is an enabler. Hes super supportive and teases he will find me one day under a fabric avalance.. He loves 1930's fabric and civil war era fabs so he took it upon hiself to have montly subscriptions sent to build up mt stash. Hubby has a four car garage turned workshop and in forever whining that he has more room than my spare bedroom sewing room. But all in all I'm greatful to have a designated sewing room. No need to hide my fab he just buys it for me. Lol.

JuneD 03-23-2011 05:15 AM

My hubby figures that no matter what, if I'm going to fabric or quilt shop, I'm coming home with fabric. Of course I NEVER tell him how much I spent!

Lori S 03-23-2011 05:22 AM

There are benefits to living alone. No need to hide anything!

rob529 04-08-2011 07:10 PM

I had a quilting friend that told us that she would wrap it in freezer paper and mark it meatloaf and her husband wouldn't go near it. If I had made a large purchase and hubby would ask how much I spent, I would tell him he didn't want to know and he wouldn't push it. Have only done that twice though.
Heard a funny from another quilter. Said if she had had a long day of quilting she would set a can of salmon out on the counter. Her husband always asked if she wanted to eat out every time he saw that can.

Sienna's GiGi 04-08-2011 08:15 PM

My husband is still in shock because I became a quilter overnight whlie he was deployed. I showed him some pictures of people's stashes and now he sees that its not so bad. I have a new sewing room (my son moved out) so I can't wait to get back to fill it up.