Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   What types of lights do you use in your quilting rooms? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/what-types-lights-do-you-use-your-quilting-rooms-t67768.html)

craftybear 10-01-2010 12:58 PM

What types of lights do you use in your quilting rooms?

Ott Lights?
Bendable lights that attaches to your machines?

Flourescent lights?

This should be a fun topic to discuss!

Gramof6 10-01-2010 01:01 PM

I have 6 of the flourescent lights that are 4 ft olng. When sewing my machine has a Bendable Bright Light that is attached. I also have floor Ott lights standing. One at the LA & 1 @ my machine. I am well lit! Love those Ott Lights!

craftybear 10-01-2010 01:04 PM

thanks for replying as I just heard of the bendable lights for sewing machines (I don't have an ott light yet) would love to buy one

Up North 10-01-2010 02:06 PM

I have an OTT light bulb in a lamp and a small florescent light behind my machine.

KathyAire 10-01-2010 02:17 PM

I have four bulbs in a ceiling fan light in the middle of the room. That is also over my longarm. I have 22" fluorescent lights over each of my cutting tables. I have the ott light, but I don't care too much about it. I have a little lamp with a funny little bulb (it maybe fluorescent), that is extremely bright by my sewing machine. I have that same kind of lamp on my computer desk. I got those lamps at IKEA and I really do like them. I think they were about $7.00 and to me, they are much better than the ott light. I have a floor lamp right next to my ironing board. Some regular desk type lamp on my bookkeeping desk.

grammiepamie 10-01-2010 02:28 PM

ott light at my machine

Nanax4 10-01-2010 02:30 PM

I have flourescents in the ceiling. They're ok; better than plain bulbs. But then I have a small bendable desk lamp I got at Target behind the sewing machine. It has a super bright light of some sort in it.

I have a bendable floor light I got at Mendard's that has a 'daylight' bulb in it. I especially like the floor lamp because I can easily move it from the horizontal freezer (which doubles as my cutting area & ironing board) to my sewing machine.

The bright desk lamp is nice because it gives off a little heat, which warms up my basement sewing area. The 'daylight' lamp reminds me of sunlight and makes me smile. I always feel warm & sunny down in that little corner. Reminds me of my mom a lot.

lots2do 10-01-2010 03:38 PM

Please don't tell DH but I have tons of lights in my sewing space. (I don't think he ever looks in there - this is a good thing as Martha would say). I love it to be bright, bright, bright when I work there. (DH is a light turner off-er. I get up in the morning, turn two lights on in the family room, he gets up next and always turns the same one off).

bjnicholson 10-01-2010 03:44 PM

I have a window in my dining room where I sew, but after dark it's like a dungeon. The overhead is a chandelier that has four candle type bulbs in yellow glass pointing up. I've got to do something. I'm going blind!

leaha 10-01-2010 03:45 PM

ott by my machine, and next to my hand working table.